What needs to be done if I sell my drone?

Reaction score
My P4P arrived today.
Once I validate all functions are good, I'd like to sell one of my P3p's.

So it's registered with the FAA (I've got my Part 107) and it's got onboard logs.
What will I need to do- or can do?

Can my flight logs be cleared on the drone itself?
And do I just notify FAA that it's been sold?
Do they transfer the registration to the new Bird, or just retire the old one or ????

Thanks

All you would have to is cancel your registration for that drone with the FAA, and sell the drone. Nothing more. The FAA does not need to be notified, just cancel the registration. You will have to register your new drone with the FAA and receive a new FAA registration number for that drone.

FAA Registration FAQ #8 States:
"If my registered UAS is destroyed or is sold, lost, or transferred, do I need to do anything?
You should cancel your registration through the FAA's online registration system.
"

Your flight logs can not be cleared, the new owner will not be able to see them in the app as they would use a different DJI account, but I believe if they connect the drone to the computer they might? Someone else here who is smarter than me can verify.

Reactions: flockshot
I think one of the questions that stuck out in my mind was if we'd have to do something to un-register the drone from a DJI perspective (versus FAA perspective or whatever).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl