What Minimal CPU in a tablet for video?

Reaction score
Since the P3 obviously relies heavily on the DJI Pilot app. I know I have seen that you need ios 8.0 or higher..or android 4.2 or higher. But I see nothing about CPU size to run the video feed smoothly? I see alot of 1.2 Ghz size CPU tablets around. I would hate to get one and not have it able to run the app smoothly.
Anyone got some insight?

Since the P3 obviously relies heavily on the DJI Pilot app. I know I have seen that you need ios 8.0 or higher..or android 4.2 or higher. But I see nothing about CPU size to run the video feed smoothly? I see alot of 1.2 Ghz size CPU tablets around. I would hate to get one and not have it able to run the app smoothly.
Anyone got some insight?
It's more about GPU than CPU. If you're buying an Android device instead of using one you already have, get an nVidia Shield tablet. It's perfect for this. Otherwise, a good rule of thumb is any premium tablet that's come out in the past 12 months or so should suffice... the exception being the Nexus 7 II (2013) which some guys swear by because of the price : performance ratio.

I have a galaxy S6 not tried it yet as i use an ipad air 2 at the mo.
Anybody tried the s6 yet im curious to know how it handles

Well last night at Wal-mart they had the Nextbook Ares 8. 5.0 Android, 1.83 Quad core GHZ processor and a Intel GPU. Here is the best part...It has a Micro HDMI out....all for ...78.00. Went to the DJI web page and got the DJI app with no problems. It does not have a ton of storage (16gb), but since I'm only using for the P3 purpose I really did not need that much. I was also able to uninstall most of the "bloatware" that came pre installed.

Well last night at Wal-mart they had the Nextbook Ares 8. 5.0 Android, 1.83 Quad core GHZ processor and a Intel GPU. Here is the best part...It has a Micro HDMI out....all for ...78.00. Went to the DJI web page and got the DJI app with no problems. It does not have a ton of storage (16gb), but since I'm only using for the P3 purpose I really did not need that much. I was also able to uninstall most of the "bloatware" that came pre installed.

Have you tried it out yet? I am curious how the intel cpu/gpu handles the video feed.

Will just a little bit later on, the small test I did last night seemed fine. I'm also on the hunt for a micro hdmi to full size hdmi to test the functionality of the HDMI out port to my 55 inch LED TV

Tried it out..Great tablet, but got slight lag. Too bad, i really liked the size and that it had a micro hdmi out. Took it back and got a Samsung Tab 4 & inch and video is very good, no lag at all. My hope is got get an Ipad air 2 and call it a day.

Tried it out..Great tablet, but got slight lag. Too bad, i really liked the size and that it had a micro hdmi out. Took it back and got a Samsung Tab 4 & inch and video is very good, no lag at all. My hope is got get an Ipad air 2 and call it a day.
I bought that tab too and found if you uninstall all the apps and disable all the extras is smooth.

Great tablet for the money

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers