What is your opinion, is the P4 worth it?

Is the P4 worth spending another $600-$800?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • I am still undecided

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Get another P3

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Get a new P4

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
If DJI and Litchi did not open up the potential of the P3 line last September / October, I would have jumped at the P4 ,but where I already own the P3P, and it does everything that I need and more, there is no reason to upgrade for the object avoidance feature and 5 minutes of extra battery time. I will continue to enjoy the P3 and who knows, if this years P5 or next years P6 offer ground breaking technology, then I will upgrade, but I am not going to upgrade every year like the Madden series. : ) If I were buying for the very first time and had never flown then the P4 makes sense or save a chunk of cash and go for the P3. Both are better than anything else on the market today in the hobby sector.

Gotcha, thank you that helps a lot! Do you know if there is a difference in the FPV quality/HD capability of the P3P vs the P3A?

& is there a difference in FPV quality/hd capability in the P3A or P3P vs the P4?
The only difference I have noticed is that my P3A will provide its video stream at longer distances than my P4....but HDMI output to my goggles is identical.

It may just come down to what type of video quality are you looking for. If you want 4K go with either the P3P or P4. I do however like the P4 (not just cause I have a P3P) Seems like the improvements with the reinforced shell not cracking, though a small improvement, along with the obvious new features. Even just the confidence knowing your prop won't fly off while 200 feet up seems to be worth it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all, I just bought my first phantom, the 3 advanced the reason to save hundreds of pounds and it's an absolute joy to fly. Top marks to dji for bringing out the phantom 4 and reducing the price of the phantom 3. Yes the 4 does have some extra tricks but do I need them? I think not!

Reactions: Phantom-Four
Recently bought my first proper drone, a P3 Standard at the much reduced price of £450. Love it but always lust after the next big thing as I'm an Apple
fan which probably says it all!
P4 is £1300 from Dji with the extra battery which is good but a big jump.
Question I have is, is it worth upgrading from a P3S to a 4?

From a P3S to a P4? Yes. From a P3A? Only if you need 4K. From the P3P? Only if you have FU money and are the type that needs to have the newest **** as soon as it's available.

I recently upgraded from a Standard to an Advanced because I wanted Lightbridge. That's wh ere it's at. That said, my Standard flew great and is more than 95% of people probably need. I bought my drone for work only. The way it works for me is, I buy for my needs. When I find a need for 4K I will consider the P4.

I went through the impatient, gotta have the newest **** phase. I'm beyond that now.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, very well put!

I think I will get a few more miles out of my P3S which keeps the wife from asking her usual question of
'why do you need this new xxxxx'? Substitute xxxxx with drone, mac, iPad or any number of other stuff
I get unrealistically enthusiastic about.

Reactions: peterepeat69
If you own an advanced you will never need to upgrade to a p4, p3a has everything you "need" from dji.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for your reply, very well put!

I think I will get a few more miles out of my P3S which keeps the wife from asking her usual question of
'why do you need this new xxxxx'? Substitute xxxxx with drone, mac, iPad or any number of other stuff
I get unrealistically enthusiastic about.

I think that's a good plan.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik