What is your opinion, is the P4 worth it?

Is the P4 worth spending another $600-$800?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • I am still undecided

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Get another P3

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Get a new P4

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I had a P3A back in September of 2015, i had to return it due to LED housing came loose & began to rattle & was constantly getting all kind of errors, & RTH function failed to work on several occasions, long story short it was defective. I returned it a few days after purchase & received a refund.

What if your opinion on getting a P4 @ $1399, 2x extra batteries which would bring me around $1600-$1700, or just buy another P3A or P3P, i must say the price for the advanced @ $750 & P3P @ $830 are looking mighty attractive.

I have the money to buy either a P4 or a P3P/P3A, please any advice on whether the P4 is actually worth it in your honest opinion another $700-$800 opposed to the P3P/P3A, i really feel comfortable with the drone being i had some practice in the past, so i don't feel i would all that much use the P4's obstacle avoidance system, are there many other pros opposed to the P3P than that?

Really what i am looking for is honest opinions if it is worth the extra money, thanks in advance!

If it's a matter of money, buy the P3A. It's a great machine. If you're able to spend the extra though, the P4 has a lot of nice improvements. If you have the chance, go somewhere (like an Apple store) and check them out in person.

no get a p3p bunch battery's and a case

no get a p3p bunch battery's and a case
I still have a case & a 3 battery fast charger from when i had my P3A, this is one reason i am leaning more towards the P3. Thank you for your input!
If it's a matter of money, buy the P3A. It's a great machine. If you're able to spend the extra though, the P4 has a lot of nice improvements. If you have the chance, go somewhere (like an Apple store) and check them out in person.
So you would surely say if i can financially afford it, than do so, thank you very much for your opinion! I have heard the range is top be favored on the P3A/P3P, this is one con i have heard of, not much else than that tho!

just get a p3p or a p3a then wait till next year and see what dji has going on that is when we will hear people wishing they waited for p5

I had a P3A back in September of 2015, i had to return it due to LED housing came loose & began to rattle & was constantly getting all kind of errors, & RTH function failed to work on several occasions, long story short it was defective. I returned it a few days after purchase & received a refund.

What if your opinion on getting a P4 @ $1399, 2x extra batteries which would bring me around $1600-$1700, or just buy another P3A or P3P, i must say the price for the advanced @ $750 & P3P @ $830 are looking mighty attractive.

I have the money to buy either a P4 or a P3P/P3A, please any advice on whether the P4 is actually worth it in your honest opinion another $700-$800 opposed to the P3P/P3A, i really feel comfortable with the drone being i had some practice in the past, so i don't feel i would all that much use the P4's obstacle avoidance system, are there many other pros opposed to the P3P than that?

Really what i am looking for is honest opinions if it is worth the extra money, thanks in advance!

I agree with flpholt
P3A is now $629 on ebay: P3 Advanced deal on ebay $629
Get it and wait for the P4P or P5, my $0.02

You already have the gear. That is huge. If you were starting from scratch that would be a close call one that I would say leans toward the new machine. But.... You already have the gear for the P3. The choice seems pretty easy.

Collision avoidance sounds awesome, until you think about how it only works going forward, and only works reliably with solid, well defined barriers. Yes, it well prevent you from flying full speed ahead into a brick wall, but how many people have actually had a problem with flying full speed ahead into brick walls?

I had the same decision to make. I have $5k invested in P3 gear. As much as I would like to have a 4, there is nothing wrong with the 3, and I am sticking with it for another year.

I own both the P3A and P4. Really, the main reason I bought the P4 was for an extra 5 minutes of flight time....I fly over mostly water and mountainous terrain.....if my bird runs out of juice....its most likely unrecoverable. 5 minutes of extra flight adds a huge safety margin. Unfortunately, you don't get the extra 5 minutes in the P4...so for my needs, no the P4 is not worth the premium.
I will say that from an overall quality of build, the P4 is superior in most regards. I have little need for the anti-collision stuff, so for me the single biggest benefit of the P4 is the redundant compass/IMU system, 4K sensor, and the fact that you can push it to 40+ mph to get to your photo site super fast.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I saw that about the claims about flight times. A few people are saying its grossly exaggerated. They did a side by side comparison of the 3 and 4 at a hover on a light wind day. P3 claimed 21 min and delivered 19, and the 4 claimed 28 and delivered 21

Collision avoidance sounds awesome, until you think about how it only works going forward, and only works reliably with solid, well defined barriers. Yes, it well prevent you from flying full speed ahead into a brick wall, but how many people have actually had a problem with flying full speed ahead into brick walls?
Will it orevent a collision at full speed?

Only thing I would say is give it s few months of you're going to choose the P4. Changes might be made. As in previous models.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Of course all new improvements of p4 are great, but they are not perfect. Meaning: It still can hit a branch, despite of its sensors in front. Yes they help a lot, but still.
To sum up - new improvements create new ways of crashing :D
I am holding on with p3a for now. Its more then enough for me at this point.

using p3a just for fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31