What is your favorite mod that you have done? Which u would recommend for others

Reaction score
Thought this would be a good topic to start. Mine is adding the ar drone 2.0 board and cameras for telemetry and fpv. It was a great cheap setup

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Reactions: dirkclod
I wonder about the difficulty in porting the AR Drone 2.0's optical sensor package to the Naza in the P2V+ to allow for controlled indoor flights. Or maybe the Inspire's version.

My favorite mod so far is my three battery charging station. I left plenty of air for cooling etc.

Attachments

• DON_1126 small.jpg
    DON_1126 small.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 423
On the P2V Mine was just switching the extender to the 700 then of course ya got to mod that to for more antennas . The GPS booster really a good one and easy and works good on all the models . Converting to the V3 upgrades was a good one .
Man ya could go on and on with this one ;)

Mine so far would be the extended range antenna from Itelite. I have only flew once after it was installed but my phone display is now visible thru my entire flight. before it cut out after 75-80' and even then it was line of site and i was continuously adjusting the wifi repeater to point directly at it.

Reactions: bbfpv and dirkclod
My favorite mod so far is my three battery charging station. I left plenty of air for cooling etc.
Do ya have a link in here to what ya did exactly and do ya have to charge 3 or can ya just do 1 or 2 at a time ?
Looks good :cool:

:)
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/vision-wifi-extender.18875/
This one my favorite.

My other favorite mod is my (no longer available) Drone Expert channel 7 chip. That gave us early vision owners the power to control camera tilt with the lever on the back of the tx. P2 owners didn't need a mod.

Drone Expert also made a great 2 axis gimbal for the P2V.

I still use a DE chip on my Vision + on firmware 1.08 :cool:

The advances in these birds out of the box and the aftermarket mods have perpetuated this forum.

:rolleyes:Crazy how fast the advances have been!

I use the Yaw mod quite often during my flights. Stage 3 antennas have proven to be of value as well.

What's everyone using for 2.4ghz fpv antennas?

dji phantom fc40
based in new jersey US

What's everyone using for 2.4ghz fpv antennas?

dji phantom fc40
based in new jersey US
I've been using the FPVLR ones for awhile and there great .
Going to try the itelite one next as from what I've been reading on them I just gota try em .
Don't know if they would work with what you got but that's what me doing ! ;)

Itelite...never heard of em. I'll look into them too. Thanks

dji phantom fc40
based in new jersey US

I have a few $10 mods..
The Vision Plus zenmuse gimbal cable H33D gopro mod. $10 for the cable
DBS wifi external antenna relocation mod for 30-40% more range. $10 for MMCX extension cable (thanks again DBS).
4mm $10 ceramic puck antenna mod.
Yaw switch $10 mod with adjustable potentiometer. This helps balance the bias in the remote controller.
3 Position Switch Tilt mod with adjustable potentiometer. Frees up the finger for controlled slow tilts up/down speeds.

Do ya have a link in here to what ya did exactly and do ya have to charge 3 or can ya just do 1 or 2 at a time ?
Looks good :cool:

It is simply 3 chargers contained in a convenient little rack with one power cord. You can charge 1 or 2 or 3 at a time. It cuts down on the clutter a lot.

Lets me fly almost constantly. It sure beats 3 1/2 hours to charge 3 batteries also.

sorry, don't have a link but just bought 2 extra chargers, used the ends of the EU cords on the power supply brick end and spliced them together to just have one cord to the wall. The three battery connectors are routed up to just over the battery slots. You slide the battery almost in, connect the charge connector and then slide it in the rest of the way.

Also got a 2 USB wall charger and two cords to charge the WIFI extender and the controller at the same time.

Last edited:
On the P2V Mine was just switching the extender to the 700 then of course ya got to mod that to for more antennas . The GPS booster really a good one and easy and works good on all the models . Converting to the V3 upgrades was a good one .
Man ya could go on and on with this one ;)
What all do you convert to make it V3? I have the 700 extender. Thanks

Terry

What all do you convert to make it V3? I have the 700 extender. Thanks

Terry
I changed out the ESC's to 2.1's and the motor's to 2312's . The GPS puck and the V3 compass and that's pretty much it .I also got the scroll wheel TX .
Now in this bird I am still using the regular ESC's and motors at the moment but have changed out the puck and the compass so far and of course I use the 9450 DJI prop's !
Also I have the GPS Booster plus it's over 4 thin sheets of tin foil so I got sat's out the butt ! ;)

Reactions: Skipholiday
Do the 9450 props make a noticeable difference? thanks
It did to me , some don't care for em but it makes mine fly more aggressively and I like that !! The 9450's are tougher than the others JIMO too .
Changing the ESC's and motors on my other one made it way more quieter and the start up beeps are not the same .

Reactions: Skipholiday

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj