What is the best phantom 4 advanced range extender?

Reaction score
As per the title says, what is the best phantom 4 advanced range extender/antenna mod.
I've found a few online, but not really found any proof of the gains they claim...
I currently get around 4.3miles in a clean environment at the moment, just want a more stable connection when at range, any advice from any one who has done this type of mod before, what the actual gains/improvements where, and what type/brand is the best to use.

Thanks in advance.

Just going to point out that there's no way you're flying legally at 4.3 miles, so it sounds like you're just fine as-is.

Bump!
I would certainly like to know as well, as i dont have many flight options where there isnt a ton of signal noise so stronger signal to ensure that i can fly safely within my range would be nice.

Reactions: Jordan-Drones
Bump!
I would certainly like to know as well, as i dont have many flight options where there isnt a ton of signal noise so stronger signal to ensure that i can fly safely within my range would be nice.
Currently looking at this at the moment.
ITELITE - DJI Range Booster ITE-DBS02.2
Looks good and there are some good reviews on this, the only thing putting me off is the fact it my remote will no longer fit in my back pack carry case any more :(
You can also get a "clean install kit" with it too meaning you don't need to solder any thing inside the RC or screw any holes ect so it's fairly easy to revert back to stock and it doesn't void warranty.

With regards to you getting too much noise, have you looked up the 32 channel mod? It's easy to do and totally free, it adds a further 26 channels so you get 32 channels rarther then the stock 8, only issue is you will need to manually select a channel if you do it this way, but having 32 channels, you are more than likely to find a channel with minimal noise, and it's not exactly legal to do this, but I daubt you will ever get caught, look it up, think I'm going to try it my self tomorrow!

Reactions: Dr_VonDuck
Currently looking at this at the moment.
ITELITE - DJI Range Booster ITE-DBS02.2
Looks good and there are some good reviews on this, the only thing putting me off is the fact it my remote will no longer fit in my back pack carry case any more :(
You can also get a "clean install kit" with it too meaning you don't need to solder any thing inside the RC or screw any holes ect so it's fairly easy to revert back to stock and it doesn't void warranty.

With regards to you getting too much noise, have you looked up the 32 channel mod? It's easy to do and totally free, it adds a further 26 channels so you get 32 channels rarther then the stock 8, only issue is you will need to manually select a channel if you do it this way, but having 32 channels, you are more than likely to find a channel with minimal noise, and it's not exactly legal to do this, but I daubt you will ever get caught, look it up, think I'm going to try it my self tomorrow!

Well i think im a bit too much of a newbie to start modding it in any way that isnt bolt-on and legal. Not that i judge or really care other than i plan on flying my drone commercially if at all possible. though i do remember the importance of having more channels back when i was hanging with my glider wing buds.

Reactions: Jordan-Drones
My Phantoms can outfly their battery with the simple parabolic reflectors mounted behind the antennas. Amazon has them for about $12.00. I mainly need them to help penetrate trees and other foliage. I can check the signal strength on Litchi screen, pull them off, and the signal drops dramatically, sometimes to the point of disconnection. You do have to keep the reflectors straight (Get the hinged kind) and pointed at the drone. They work simply by using the signal that is normally wasted in side and rear directions and force it all to the front. Kinda like squeezing a balloon forcing it to expand in one direction. You don't gain any actual power output but simply put it where you want it.

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

My Phantoms can outfly their battery with the simple parabolic reflectors mounted behind the antennas. Amazon has them for about $12.00. I mainly need them to help penetrate trees and other foliage. I can check the signal strength on Litchi screen, pull them off, and the signal drops dramatically, sometimes to the point of disconnection. You do have to keep the reflectors straight (Get the hinged kind) and pointed at the drone. They work simply by using the signal that is normally wasted in side and rear directions and force it all to the front. Kinda like squeezing a balloon forcing it to expand in one direction. You don't gain any actual power output but simply put it where you want it.

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF
Yeah I had one with my P3A but sold it with that, I'm deffinetly going to get another one for the price they are well worth it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31