What is the best choice: IPad, Samsung or other ? how size ?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For your experience what the best choice for fly with P4Pro ?

No-one has tried everything so you won't find anyone who can answer that from experience.
I've just updated my tablet to a Huawei M3 and it runs perfectly.
There may be others that run as well but I can't see how they could do anything better.

Reactions: wsca
I'v had the best luck with a newer iPad, personally.

I started with the Galaxy S2 from Android, but I occasionally would lose my video picture. Like literally the app would basically just cash mid flight, screen would go blank, and I would need to reboot the app.

A buddy let me borrow his IPad Air 2 to test it out with a couple flights and I loved it. The video feed was much smoother, and nothing ever crashed on me.

So I did some homework. Found there was a newer iPad that was coming out in March 2017 that had a faster processor and brighter screen than the Air 2, and it was only about $300. I scooped one of those new 9.7" ipads up and it has been flawless working commercially throughout a South Florida summer.

You will still need a sunshade for extra bright days, however. But that goes for just about any tablet not named Crystal Sky.

I use and iPad Mini 4 and it works well however I did notice a glitch with the latest DJIGO4 app and iOS. Pretty sure its a software problem because it disappears when I hook up my Samsung Galaxy S6. You get some messages that dont make sense when loading preset camera settings on the iPad.

I think I saw a poll a few months ago that claimed the iPad mini 4 was the most popularly used tablet for DJI drones.

Use a mobile device that is recommended by DJI or commonly used by members of this site. I keep a list of those phones/tablets here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4