What is best way to find same spot in the sky?

Reaction score
I'm on my second DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (don't ask -- or, read my first post). I would like to take pictures during a construction project. Ideally, it would be great to take pics every couple weeks from the "same spot in the sky" (lat, long, alt, bearing).

I'm thinking of getting an iPad mini with sun shades (any suggestions?) and experimenting with waypoints... Will waypoints do this?

This need plus enhancing signal strength are both at the top of my list. I will also search this forum for tips but wanted to ask in case someone can provide best/recent solution(s) based on current firmware, etc.

Thank you!

Chet

I agree that using a waypoint over a specific spot would be the best way. You could pause it at that waypoint, take over manually but only use yaw and camera pitch to aim the camera. An interesting variation would be to set up a preliminary waypoint that was picked such that as the Phantom heads from it to your photo waypoint the camera is already pointed in the right direction. Then you can pause, set camera pitch, and shoot. I think it's a great use of waypoints.

I don't think it's possible using the V+ in its current format, and given that waypoints aren't storable, then that wouldn't be an option. My best idea would be to position yourself exactly under the point that you want to use (if possible), ascent to a certain height that you will constantly use and take your photo. The wind will always play a factor, but if you're using the photos as some sort of time lapse, then this 'jiggling around' might be ok.

are you planning a timelapse?

ill do as suggested by happydays.

- find a spot on ground where you could be placed below the quad (doesnt matter you dont lift from that point) and that you are pretty sure the mark wont move.
- once you are in the spot hover the quad in position (youll know the height through your fpv)
- take not one but at least 10 photos.

-

Reactions: Joshua Carillo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik