What I do!

Thanks Dirk,
I appreciate it, we have a great crew, all excel at different things along the way! I'm mainly the Brick master! But we can all do anything that needs done! Some just more efficient at certain things, than others, and vice-versa!:)

I enjoy the heck out of it! I'm OUTSIDE, fresh air, sunlight, no complaints ( if you exclude bugs, humidity, and HOT as heck some days! )o_O

did you know SNOW, really exists?
I thought it was a myth! Go figure!:)

Take care buddy!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Loved the look at "work" J Dot!!! I worked for 43 years for 2 different companies in the refractory and facing brick industries.

Even now, if I see bricks, I try to work out where they were made and still shudder when I see brickwork that's either been badly laid or is suffering from varying technical problems (I was a lab technician & later supervisor for the group)

Thinking back, a drone, with camera would have been really useful when I had to carry out some of my jobs at different clay quarries. One of my best memories is when a colleague and I had to do some survey work at the works where I was based and we went up in a company helicopter to take some photographs. Wouldn't it have been brilliant to have done it myself!!!

Reactions: J Dot
I should have learned a trade like this. You do beautiful work, and the craftsmanship is stunning. I am a firm believer that the small details - like in the tile design of that T-junction you did - separate the amateurs from truly skilled, such as yourself.

That looks nice. Anyway you are gonna be able to video it when its completely finished ? Would love to see it all done,

Thank you all for the kind words,
I usually do not get a chance to see the finished product, but this is a owner built house ( 2 best friends ) owner and his buddy is the supervisor!
He has granted me permission to come when job is complete at the end of this month, to take pics, fly my drone, whatever! So looks good on getting some finished shots! I sent him a couple aerials I took of his property ( 10 acres ) 2 lakes. He was really excited about them!

I will post the finished shots when I can!
And the stuff I took today with the p3p as well, once I edit it all together!

( WhitWellian )
I also fly Helicopters, RC ones, but have never been in a real one, that would have been COOL!
And I know what you mean on craftsmanship, also quality ( I've seen my share of nightmare Brick! ) different widths, heights ( heights are the WORST ) some like they were molded too dry, pits and hollow spots, coloration problems, you name it!
But some are just brilliant! I hate PC BRICK! Lol.
It is like ceramic, and HARD TO CUT!

Thank you Msteele ,
I appreciate that, I pride myself in my work, if you look closely at the step ends, I do tiny little 45 degree returns, and fading double row to a single row, can be trying, but looks great when done right, I also NEVER, EVER, do Brick SLICES, where you have full Brick to the end, then a skinny little slice to fill the void, I'll fade 1/4" off of 20 Brick to remove the SLICE! ( it is my biggest complaint a sliver of Brick, I HATE it! ) like you said, that detail stuff can MAKE, or BREAK a nice job!

And to all, I will post some finished stuff when I can!

J Dot
:cool:

A couple aerial pics: ( added )
IMG_0943.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0961.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads