What have you named your Bird??

Reaction score
I let my kids name my bird. They came up with a good name in my opinion.
The named my bird BOOMER.

They said that it was like a boomerang because it kept coming back. Lol
They also said that if I mess up it will go BOOM when it hits the ground.

Can't argue with that. So it was settled. BOOMER it is.

flyNcat

Cause when powered up it remains upright.

SilentAV8R said:
I have two dogs, but no birds. I've got 2 Phantoms, 5 helis, a pattern plane, several large gliders, and some assorted foamie models. But no birds. :twisted:
Why being so intollerant. There is nothing wrong to took about once bird when refering to your plane, heli, drone or whathever. The man just relates to his machine; that's a good thing. [emoji4]

aartsf said:
SilentAV8R said:
I have two dogs, but no birds. I've got 2 Phantoms, 5 helis, a pattern plane, several large gliders, and some assorted foamie models. But no birds. :twisted:
Why being so intollerant. There is nothing wrong to took about once bird when refering to your plane, heli, drone or whathever. The man just relates to his machine; that's a good thing. [emoji4]

Just having a little fun back. Nothing intolerant at all. But thanks for being intolerant in pointing out what you viewed as intolerance. Ironic much??

The forum police sure are active tonight.

Anyway, it never occurred to me to name my drone. (Yes, I use the term "drone"). I think I'll go with "Larry" - or maybe I should let my kids decide.

The name of my 'aircraft' depends on how I fly it... yes, it is the craft's fault if I flop it on it's side during landing... and the craft's fault if it loses concentration and can't keep at least 6 satellites...

Now, if it was a good flight, pleasant names are used. If something didn't go right, well I can't use the names I'd call it here since this is a 'family friendly' board! :-D

"The rock" because that is how it falls from the sky ;)

Or "Timex" because it takes a lick'n but keeps on tick'n.

I call it a "helicopter". Not entirely accurate, but descriptive enough, and it makes new observers less nervous than if I call it a "drone" or "quadcopter". Takes away the connotations of "drone" and keeps them from asking "a quad-what?"

photographix said:
I call it a "helicopter". Not entirely accurate, but descriptive enough, and it makes new observers less nervous than if I call it a "drone" or "quadcopter". Takes away the connotations of "drone" and keeps them from asking "a quad-what?"

Mine is really named Jeffry but I'm with you. If anybody asks me I just say "Oh this is my toy helicopter".

My wife named mine Rover, because one of my favorite things to do is fly it around the block out in front of me. Much like walking a dog. Weaving up down and around trees, around light poles, mailboxes and hedges. It hasn't bitten anyone or anything yet. When people ask me what it is, I tell them it is a spy drone, that I use to look in people's windows and backyards, especially at sunbathing women in bikinis.

Thats good stuff right there.

I have called mine several names under my breath also.

EveryTime something goes wrong I think about the sheriff on smokey in the Bandit saying.... "You Som B**CH"... Makes me laugh everytime..

"Piggy Bank" ... cuzz I keep throwing money into it :roll:

Jordan-Belfort-Throws-Out-Money-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

MoonJet

My first trip to Myanmar, I stayed in a Yangon hotel with a pretty receptionist who told me her name was Moomjit or something that sounded like that. I visited another place within Myanmar and when I returned, greeted her by name. She looked straight at me, smiled shyly, and said, "Thank you for remembering my name."

I bought my drone specifically because I wanted to fly over Mrauk U and Bagan, so I wanted her to have a Burmese name. None of my Burmese friends have ever heard a name even close to Moomjit, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers