What happens when DJI Go4 crashes?

Reaction score
I was out flying and the screen said disconnected. Wasn't the signal, I was watching that very close.. I was testing the Titan system. I restarted Go4, and nothing. Waited for about five minutes, and no drone. Could have been longer, times stops when waiting. Drove to where the drone last was, and I hear the controller. I look, and it is headed home. Go back to home point, and there it is. With the drone five feet from me, I start Go4, still would not connect. I noticed that the RPM where showing on the controller.

When it disconnected, it should have gone home . Every thing drone wise was up to date. When I got home I tried it again with the Ipad mini 4. Same thing happen. Tried another mini 4, and no problems. It had a different version of IOS. My question is, why didn't it come home right away when it said disconnected?

Last edited:
It had a different version of IOS. My question is, why didn't it come home right away when it said disconnected?
There are two parts to the signal.
One is the downlink that sends video back from the drone and the control signal is separate.
You probably just lost the downlink (it commonly drops out before the control signal does).
The Phantom won't initiate RTH until you lose control signal.
If you still have control signal (you can tell by the green light on the controller, you still have control even though you aren't getting updated video.

As @Meta4 has noted, you probably only suffered an app disconnect and not the connection between the AC and RC. Had the same problem with the app disconnecting the other day and a number of other app issues. The only way to fix it was to update to iOS 11.2.1 and the app seems to run fine again.

Meta4. That makes sense. I hope that doesn't happen again, it wasn't fun.

Tevek. Just got through doing that. I will test it tomorrow to make certain.

Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl