What features would you like to see in the future?

Reaction score
A couple of things that I'd like to see in future models are -

Record sound - for me this would come in handy while flying over beaches so I can hear the waves crashing.

Improved battery life - we'll most likely see this as battery technology improves. I'd be happy getting 45 minutes to an hour out of a battery. I think we'll get there a few minutes at a time.

You would never get good sound directly from the drone. You would just get extremely loud and annoying buzzing in the video. Your better dubbing the waves sound in after. Have you ever stood next to the drone at even half throttle, it sounds like a colony of angry hornets.

You would never get good sound directly from the drone. You would just get extremely loud and annoying buzzing in the video. Your better dubbing the waves sound in after. Have you ever stood next to the drone at even half throttle, it sounds like a colony of angry hornets.

True. Scratch that one front the list!

I would like to see a very rock steady, level horizon while in flight. That would be ideal...

I would like to see a very rock steady, level horizon while in flight. That would be ideal...

This.

I'd like a gimbal that actually works, not one that drifts, loses horizon, twitches between shots, etc. I'd like a sensor that doesn't have color aberrations across the image. I'd like video feed that doesn't freeze and glitch at random.

More video setting data written to captions.
Ability to configure more voice warnings for atti mode, low signal etc.
Optional and configurable preflight check list before you can take off.
A switch that limits stick movement to slow down yaw etc.. (this may already exist with tripod mode, I have a P4)
Web access to flight data and a way to play back flights in a browser with much more data and overlays etc.
Top OA sensor.

Quieter Motors

A way to activate extra bright lights at night to help find drone.

Orientate to home button. Press Button, push stick forward, it flys toward home. Great for times when you lose situational awareness.

Orientate to home button. Press Button, push stick forward, it flys toward home. Great for times when you lose situational awareness.

This exists. It's called home lock. Engage home lock mode and simply pull back on the right stick to move towards home or push forward to move away.

Reactions: mdowney58
I would love for the drone to be quieter. Not just because it's annoying, but because it tends to attract of lot of attention and for whatever reason makes the drone seem more aggressive and dangerous.

I'd also like the video feed to be rock solid. Even at modest ranges (less than 1/4 mile), the video cuts out a lot and makes it difficult to take photos.

And of course everyone always wants more battery life.

Reactions: AyeYo
I would like longer range. Having a longer lasting battery with the ability to go further would be great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Things I'd like to see added to the Phantom

- More sensors (to include on top)
- Folding landing gear
- Zoom
- A variety of color options

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member