What do you think of the app Kittyhawk?

Reaction score
I have used airmap before, and I have seen that it has many issues, and I have had many people tell me it is unreliable. Is Kittyhawk a better app? It seemed more professional when I opened it up, it seems to have lots of features, but is it accurate? The LAANC system is out today, and I want to use it. I saw the video that Ken Heron made about the LAANC system and airmap, but I don't really want to use airmap. Kittyhawk has LAANC, I just tried it and it works, but is it a better and most importantly more accurate mapping program than airmap?
Also does Kittyhawk give any TFRs like the flight restriction map in my DJI go 4 app?

Last edited:
KittyHawk is better than AirMap in action and deed.

DJI now recommends KittyHawk.

Reactions: Phantom_Al
I like KittyHawk for flight records and maintenance. However, for LAANC authorization, it is poor. I've tried to use LAANC authorization on KittyHawk a number of times; on my Android phone and also on my desktop, it doesn't work. I just did a comparison; LAANC authorization on AirMap versus LAANC on KittyHawk, same flight area. I got LAANC authorization from AirMap in 14 seconds. KittyHawk has been grinding away for over 20 minutes and I still have nothing. I've never had any problems with AirMap. It is fast, does not require a lot of clicks or sign-ins and has always been dependable. Where I live, AirMap is very accurate. This almost sounds like another thread from the cult group dissing on AirMap again. No need to dis on a company based on false accusations and statements taken out of context. Why not give it a rest?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj