What do you think of my combination of music and sound effects:

Very well done. Excellent motion and transitions. I'd bet your local/state tourism association would be interested in fall foliage videos like this to promote tourism in their state. If you are already Part 107 it would be easy.

Thanks for sharing.......[emoji106]

Reactions: MKurr
Nice footage MKurr and great way to see the change occurring. Be interested see a similar shoot after leaves have fallen.

Great video and sound. I am impressed with the smoothness of the flying and the quality of the video. As relatively inexperienced in flying and cinematography may I ask the following.
1. Piloted mission or preprogrammed mission aka Litchi?
2. What drone were you flying?
3. What software did you use to edit the video footage?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Hawgshooter
Great vibrant autumn colours and some great flying well done ? ?

My thoughts, and i say this as some one that as yet has 0 experience with video editing.

I thought the video and music composition was excellent. I thought the bird sounds were unnecessary or at least exessive. I stopped the video to double check where they were coming from.

Great job though.

Very well done. Excellent motion and transitions. I'd bet your local/state tourism association would be interested in fall foliage videos like this to promote tourism in their state. If you are already Part 107 it would be easy.

Thanks for sharing.......[emoji106]
I'm working on that right now... I'm already 70% through the course, so I hope that that will be an option soon...

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Nice footage MKurr and great way to see the change occurring. Be interested see a similar shoot after leaves have fallen.
I was thinking of doing that, you just tipped the scales... Expect another video like that in the next few weeks!

Great video and sound. I am impressed with the smoothness of the flying and the quality of the video. As relatively inexperienced in flying and cinematography may I ask the following.
Thanks in advance
Glad you liked it! Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Naa, I just used DJI GO4, mostly only using Standard mode and sometimes a few like course lock, RTH, and cinematic mode....

2. The original Mavic Pro. It kinda goes to prove that you don't need to have the newest drone to get great results...

3. I am using Filmora 9, great software and it amazingly doesn't slow down my computer that much. I got lifetime membership...

Thanks in advance
You can download Davinci Reslove for free. It's a bit complex if you've never edited, but there are many online tutorials.

Reactions: Earls Court
Video looked great, but to me:
1. Sounded like a cheap piano sample.
2. Piano part played an octave too high so was annoying.
3. Can’t understand the need of the Guinea Pigs sample. Oh! Geese! Yeah...didn’t work for me.
4. Wind “brown noise” sample at the end too loud for me.
Other than that...the video looked great!

Video looked great, but to me:
1. Sounded like a cheap piano sample.
2. Piano part played an octave too high so was annoying.
3. Can’t understand the need of the Guinea Pigs sample. Oh! Geese! Yeah...didn’t work for me.
4. Wind “brown noise” sample at the end too loud for me.
Other than that...the video looked great!
Hmm, so basically: "Keep the footage, change the audio..."
Yeah, I was having a really hard time finding something that fit and this was just marginally better than the others I tried... It's the first video in a series of a few autumn videos. For the next one I am working with a pianist I know personally who might make a soundtrack for me or let me used one of his previous ones....

Be interesting to know how many initially watch with no sound before switching.
finding right music etc is often more work than video editing ?
must admit I kept looking for the geese when the sound kept going.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hearing ducks @ 200' sounded natural. Then you changed scenes to about 20' AGL and I heard the same ducks at the same volume. Very unnatural. When you change scenes, change Foley sounds. It will feel more natural that way. Otherwise, nice job.

D

Thanks everyone for your advice! In the newest similar video there were no geese... (I don't think they really added much in the first place)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic