What cause the toilet bowl effect

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Well me p3s has had this issue for ages,still flys fine but getting dust on it so time to sort it out,
Like say flys sweet but in hover if I don't touch stick to move or turn it it will start toilet bowl and get slowly out of control,tried calibrating,different props,still the same,does not give no prompts saying to move and recalibrate or magnetic interference nothing,it's on charge now,,,,,on latest firmware except playstore update and never crashed it yet,got a skin on but was same before

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
That's almost always caused by magnetic interference at the takeoff location. The first thing to do is check that the aircraft arrow on the map in DJI Go is pointing in the direction that the aircraft is actually facing. You could also try manually turning the aircraft on the ground and check that the arrow rotates appropriately.

That's almost always caused by magnetic interference at the takeoff location. The first thing to do is check that the aircraft arrow on the map in DJI Go is pointing in the direction that the aircraft is actually facing. You could also try manually turning the aircraft on the ground and check that the arrow rotates appropriately.
OK thanks me check soon just about charged,,it does it at height aswell,rather windy or I stick it in the air and record it

Reactions: pontiac
What is the sat count?

If avoiding magnetic interference doesn't fix it, then post a DAT file from the aircraft - that should reveal the problem.
Just working from me tablet and can't find anything in me files that contain dat file,or under something else,asistant 2 not seem to work for me on this Samsung device so can't dig into it ,me and drones mix well,,me and computer not mix well

Reactions: Michael Humphrey
Just working from me tablet and can't find anything in me files that contain dat file,or under something else,asistant 2 not seem to work for me on this Samsung device so can't dig into it ,me and drones mix well,,me and computer not mix well
Go to folders (on your phone or tablet that you use) then go to DJI folder, open that, and there will be another folder called flight log. Upload it on here so we can see mate
1525597896897.jpg
1525597901687.jpg
1525597904599.jpg
1525597907409.png

Screenshot_20180506-221101.jpg
OK me been playing in there,me device not keen ,keep getting this after I install app to open because my device wont,,flights are showing up but when I click on it get the black error on my screen,like in my eyes,I shall try again when my head clears tommorow.:confused:
Screenshot_20180506-214108.jpg
Screenshot_20180506-213541.jpg
I forget this one..,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to folders (on your phone or tablet that you use
The .dat file is in your Phantom, not the tablet.
You will have to connect the phantom to your computer and use Assistant

For this purpose either the tablet DAT or the aircraft DAT will be fine - whichever is easier.

@BudWalker just reminded me (again) that the P3S uses Go 3, which doesn't create a DAT file on the mobile device, so disregard - @Meta4 is correct - it needs to be the aircraft DAT.

Just type in the word TOILET in the search. Many threads on this. Good compass operation/calibration is paramount!! I own 3 PS3 drones. I have replaced a flakey compass before. You can look at various sensor.readings on your phone while linked. Lots of threads on this also. Once you get a good compass calibration, don't calibrate again. Good luck

During calibration, the compass senses and remembers magnetic lines of force from the earth including any magnetic objects near and onboard the drone such as the the motors, gimbal etc and so the flight controller will compensate for the recorded external and onboard sources of magnetic interference. Once the drone is moved away from any external source of magnetic interference, the calibration then is no longer valid. The compass is extremely sensitive to changes in magnetic lines of force and can even become slightly magnetized by strong external magnetic sources.
Sometimes the compass just needs degaussed (demagnetized) and then properly re calibrated but the best solution for avoiding toilet bowl is preventative measures: Never store your drone near magnetic objects and avoid using magnetic tools when servicing the drone.
I'm seen a video about a person that did an IMU calibration in his kitchen with the drone sitting on top of his microwave oven. There's a really powerful permanent magnet in a microwave oven! Ha ha.
There is lots of advice on degaussing the compass on the web.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
During calibration, the compass senses and remembers magnetic lines of force from the earth including any magnetic objects near and onboard the drone such as the the motors, gimbal etc and so the flight controller will compensate for the recorded external and onboard sources of magnetic interference. Once the drone is moved away from any external source of magnetic interference, the calibration then is no longer valid. The compass is extremely sensitive to changes in magnetic lines of force and can even become slightly magnetized by strong external magnetic sources.
Sometimes the compass just needs degaussed (demagnetized) and then properly re calibrated but the best solution for avoiding toilet bowl is preventative measures: Never store your drone near magnetic objects and avoid using magnetic tools when servicing the drone.
I'm seen a video about a person that did an IMU calibration in his kitchen with the drone sitting on top of his microwave oven. There's a really powerful permanent magnet in a microwave oven! Ha ha.
There is lots of advice on degaussing the compass on the web.

That's not quite correct. The FC uses the rotation to separate the external (rotates in the aircraft frame of reference) field from the internal (stays constant during rotation in the aircraft frame of reference). The internal field is what it is measuring, in order to be able to subtract that from the measured field during flight. It doesn't do anything with the measured external field, and it doesn't affect the calibration unless it is too strong or local enough that it isn't constant during rotation.

Apart from that - good advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4