what are the original voltage settings for phantom

Reaction score
I slightly changed one a while ago and cant remember what it was. I know you aren't supposed to mess with them but it was only .1v. I just cant remember which one i specifically changed

Are you having issues with your battery levels after making that change? If not, then there's no real need to change it back. There's no problem changing those numbers as long as you don't set them so low your batteries are too drained after the flight, and the stock values may leave you with usable charge on your batt if they're not tuned to your particular setup.

This is what it looks like out of the box (Phantom FC40).

2utsrxy.jpg

OI Photography said:
Are you having issues with your battery levels after making that change? If not, then there's no real need to change it back. There's no problem changing those numbers as long as you don't set them so low your batteries are too drained after the flight, and the stock values may leave you with usable charge on your batt if they're not tuned to your particular setup.

After looking at my numbers I I am pretty sure it was the second level autoland voltage that I turned down .1v. Because other threads say the second level of protection should be .1 below the first level and mine were showing 11.3 and 11.1. So it must have been the second voltage I lowered. Now that I think back in my head this makes sense because my reasoning was I had an episode where I was above in between tree tops and it was a windy day so that battery was drained quicker than I realized, my stopwatch goes off time to land, then I can't power up to get above the tree tops because it just entered autoland mode. descended itself right into branches. 99% of the time I don't push the battery down to the point where it goes into autoland anyways but I just did not want to get burned like this again. I'd rather slightly overdrain a battery then experience another crash.

switching back to the present, now that I have the low voltage alarm, I really shouldn't ever get myself back into that situation even on a windy day so I am changing it back to 11.3 and 11.2 respectively

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
Because other threads say the second level of protection should be .1 below the first level and mine were showing 11.3 and 11.1.

Understood, and as long as they're set the way you need them, that's what matters. It does no harm for the final 1st-level value to be close to or even the same as the final 2nd-level value (the one that forces auto-land)...the difference in those numbers just gives you an idea of how much (relative) time you get with the warning LED before the auto-land kicks in...the higher the difference, the longer you'll see it ahead of time, and vice-versa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20