What are some drone Tips/Laws in the Philippines?

Do I have to register before I fly a drone in the Philippines?
NO, You no longer need to Register or Get a Certificate if you want to fly your Drone here in the Philippines (CAAP Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines: Memorandum 2018). As long as you will use your drone for Personal use like YouTube Footages, FB post, Twitter Tweets, and not for Commercial Use (Like Making Hollywood Movies), then you can bring your drone here without any tax, and you can fly it so long as you follow the flight guidelines like, no flying near to the airports, only 400ft altitude, no flying at night, etc.

Good for you. Things may be different now however you needed written approval to operate the drone prior to entering the country on earlier occasions or they wouldn’t let you leave the airport with it. You also faced the prospect of being charged duty on entry. Perhaps you were just lucky?
Registering of Foriegn Drones or Getting a written Certificate if you want to fly your Drone here in the Philippines IS "NO LONGER REQUIRED" (CAAP Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines: Memorandum 2018). As long as you will use your drone for Personal use like YouTube Footages, FB post, Twitter Tweets, and not for Commercial Use (Like Making Hollywood Movies), then you can bring your drone here without any tax, and you can fly it so long as you follow the flight guidelines like, no flying near to the airports, only 400ft altitude, no flying at night, etc.

Why do people with no knowledge write such rubbish. I take my P3S to Cebu and never have an issue. In fact tourists are allowed to bring drones in.
You are perfectly right on that bro. Registering or Getting a Certificate to fly your Drone here in the Philippines "IS NO LONGER REQUIRED" AS AMENDED BY THE (CAAP Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines: Memorandum 2018). As long as you will use your drone for Personal use like YouTube Footages, FB post, Twitter Tweets, and not for Commercial Use (Like Making Hollywood Movies), then you can bring your drone here without any tax, and you can fly it so long as you follow the flight guidelines like, no flying near to the airports, only 400ft altitude, no flying at night, etc.

Hello,
I am in Germany and would like to spend my holidays in Bohol. I want to bring my Mavic Air to the Philippines and have no problems at the border.
Unfortunately, my English is not good and I do a lot about the Translator.
Important for me is: where can I get a copy of the Memorandum 2018? Does anyone have a link for download?
I want to print it out and show it on the border.

Many many thanks

I found something on the net.
What bothers me is that it does not contain a date

Attachments

• Philippines drone guidelines.png
    Philippines drone guidelines.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 757
You do not need a license or a permit for recreational use if your drone is less than 7 kg and you follow the below rules to fly:
  • at a maximum altitude of 122 m above the ground.
  • at least 30 m from people or large crowds & respect individuals' privacy.
  • at least 10 km away from airports.
  • it is advised to subscribe to an insurance covering all risks.
  • away from areas where its use could interfere with police or first responders.
  • fly within day light & within your sight at all times.
You will need way more authorisation and permits if you intend to fly for commercial use in the Philippines.

I've summed up the rules below, there are also a few drone pilots from the Philippines in the Forum in case needed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.