What Android tablet works fine with phantom 4 pro?

Reaction score
Hi guys, what Android tablet works fine with phantom 4 pro you recommend me to buy ???
Except the IPAD 4 MINI because it conflicts with the latest DJI firmware.
I bought the ipad 4 mini because I thought it was the top but it came in total conflict with the latest DJI firmware. The video signal lagged, the screen turns green and the ipad overheats in a few minutes without turning off for security.

I know you are running DJILitchi actually has a list of approved devices including For iOS, our recommended devices are: iPad mini 4, iPad 2017, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro. Check the cord, check apps running in the background.......

Other users have also had the same problem after the latest DJI firmware update. My post is only addressed to those who have had the same experience! I ask for an android tablet that works great with the latest DJI firmware.

Just trying to be helpfu..... Litch is only $25 bucks.......do you want to buy a new tablet for $$$$$$ or try something for $25 that might work for you..

Reactions: andyimages
I am an Android guy too. I tried several Android tablets 1 1/2 years ago that were supposed to work. None of them did. It seams that for everyone that says Android tablet XYZ works, there is another that says it does not. Any other votes yay or nay on the Tab A?

I use an Nvidia Shield K1 - Still on Android 6.0.1 because 7 was a bit flaky with DJI Go 4 - others have reported no issues with the latest version of Android

Mine is rock solid and never crashes so (based on my experience) I'd recommend one

Reactions: setandforget
Mine is very jumpy. Pixelated video. It takes a few seconds for the video to catch-up on my Nexus 7. What did you do to yours to make it 'work excellent'?

I didn't do anything. If you mean Nexus 7, as in the original, that probably doesn't work as well. 2013 is the 2nd version.

I could pick up the Nexus 7 (2013) for $150 on Ebay........

Yeah, they're pretty cheap for what they are. I got mine for something like $130 on Ebay.

Over 25 hours of flying with no crashes. Go4 crashed once on one of my first flights - but I'm pretty sure that was me. I was spinning one of the dials fast in both directions, trying to figure out what it did.

Very bright screen as well.

Yeah, they're pretty cheap for what they are. I got mine for something like $130 on Ebay.

Over 25 hours of flying with no crashes. Go4 crashed once on one of my first flights - but I'm pretty sure that was me. I was spinning one of the dials fast in both directions, trying to figure out what it did.

Very bright screen as well.

Thanks....was going to ask about screen brightness.

I am using the NVidia k1 and it worked fine.
that was before I sent my p4p back to dji.
they sent me a new controller and a/c.
haven't tried it yet and have no idea what the end will be.
the k1 worked fine.

Hi guys, what Android tablet works fine with phantom 4 pro you recommend me to buy ???
Except the IPAD 4 MINI because it conflicts with the latest DJI firmware.
I bought the ipad 4 mini because I thought it was the top but it came in total conflict with the latest DJI firmware. The video signal lagged, the screen turns green and the ipad overheats in a few minutes without turning off for security.
is the I pad mini 4 an android?

The mini problem can be fixed by merely lowering the transmission rate. That's all. In auto it's too much data for the iPad to handle. Lower it to 6mb/sec

This problem is all over this forum and has this fix. DJI upped the quantity of data being shoved into the iPad which "appears" as a video transmission or signal problem. It's merely a thruput problem.

I didn't do anything. If you mean Nexus 7, as in the original, that probably doesn't work as well. 2013 is the 2nd version.
Yeah, I think I have the first generation. It's pretty bad.

How many GB of storage is on yours? I'm seeing the $150 Nexus 7 2013 with 16gb only. Should I look at the 32 GB or will 16 be fine? I'm not putting anything but DJI go 4 on it and maybe Litchi but that's it. I have no plans to put Facebook on there or any games or anything like that. This will be strictly a DJI specific tablet. I will use my $40 first gen Nexus 7 for Facebook and things like that.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl