What’s the best flight planning software

Reaction score
Hey gang

What’s the best and easiest flight planning app out there . I’m using map pilot and ( drones made easy ) and it’s really crapping the bed as of late. Used it for over a year and a half and now it’s giving me issues . Any suggestions ?

Really depends on the output that you're looking for and what you budget is. Drone Deploy is a very functional and user friendly software. Very easy to use and easy to get your information. However, Pix4d is much more difficult to use at first it's preferred by most professionals. There are some free mapping software out there as well, but these two are the leading options right now. Best of luck.

Really depends on the output that you're looking for and what you budget is. Drone Deploy is a very functional and user friendly software. Very easy to use and easy to get your information. However, Pix4d is much more difficult to use at first it's preferred by most professionals. There are some free mapping software out there as well, but these two are the leading options right now. Best of luck.
Yeah I’m using Icarus one button for processing working well so far. For flying though I’m using map pilot and it’s really shutting the bed lately. I’ve heard of mixed reviews with dronedeploy for flying.

I’ve heard of mixed reviews with dronedeploy for flying.
You'll find mixed reviews for anything, particularly drone related.
Sometimes a poor review is more due to the reviewer's problems than the product's.

I've flown with DroneDeploy a lot and I've never seen anything less than perfect performance.

I use different apps for different purposes and the particular AC I am flying.

Waypoints: Litchi, AutoPilot, and recently Hammer. Hammer is beta software I am testing out and am liking it a lot.

Automated panos (particularily 360 degrees): GO4, Litchi or AutoPilot

Follow/Track missions: AutoPilot by far.

Mapping (don’t do much of this - just for interest): AutoPilot and Hammer.

General flying: GO4, or Litchi

I have two low end aircraft (check my sig for the AC’s I fly.

I find no one flight planning software is the best. They all have their strengths depending on what you want to do on a particular flight.

Chris

Reactions: IronManNDFW
I would look at Hammer. It’s in Beta now, but it shows a lot of promise and the developers are quick to respond to your issues and requests.

They are on Facebook. Here’s the link for them.

Security Check Required

Reactions: Chrislaf
Anyone know if you can use the DJI Smart Controller w. Litchi?
I don’t have a smart controller or even a drone that could use it, but I would say it’s like the P4P+ controller where you can’t install 3rd party software. Maybe someone who has one will chime in.

Chris

Hey gang

What’s the best and easiest flight planning app out there . I’m using map pilot and ( drones made easy ) and it’s really crapping the bed as of late. Used it for over a year and a half and now it’s giving me issues . Any suggestions ?

For mapping, which is what it sound like you are doing since you currently use Map pilot, DJI GS Pro is my preferred go-to. I've used them all but train all of our new pilots on GS Pro because its reliable, easy to use, and gives more options in the settings than most of the other apps.

One of the unique features of Hammer Missions is the ability to combine more than one type of mission into one flight. For example, I can combine a Waypoints flight with a mapping mission. I think this feature alone along with the more traditional features will differentiate Hammer from other mission planning software.

Chris

Reactions: Sam007

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20