Weak image transmission

Reaction score
All of a sudden I am getting this message. Im only about 150ft in air no clouds and I have actually lost image and drone started returning home. Anyone else have this all of a sudden?

Does the error message show up no matter where you fly? Just asking, because to me it sounds like interference. Hopefully nothing internal. I’m sure others will have more input. Good luck.

Have you tried other modes? Atti? Sensors off? GPS problem? Don’t know what you have tried, trying to find a starting point. For sure you have an incredible drone, me too.

Last edited:
Weak image transmission is not a signal lost. It therefore the drone should not came back. It must have been something with the signal transmission.
But after get a new refurbished Phantom 4P I had few image transmission failure massages. It happened around 600 - 700m while the signal was OK. That never happened before with my original P4P. At 1000m distance had never got such messages.

Does the error message show up no matter where you fly? Just asking, because to me it sounds like interference. Hopefully nothing internal. I’m sure others will have more input. Good luck.

Have you tried other modes? Atti? Sensors off? GPS problem? Don’t know what you have tried, trying to find a starting point. For sure you have an incredible drone, me too.
Yes it seems to be when I go above 150ft and like 100 ft away from me. It just all of a sudden one day and has done it since. Was just trying to see if anyone else had issue.

After many flights without any signal problems, last year, all of a sudden, every flight had video signal problems. Even at close, line of sight range, the video on my iPad mini 4 was unusable even though it had been fine for many months prior.
I even got a new iPad thinking the iPad mini 4 was too slow for newer versions of the DJI app.
But then I read on this forum about putting the iPad into airplane mode and putting my phone in airplane mode during flights. Once I did this, all of a sudden, all my video transmission problems went away. Even my iPad mini 4 started working as well as before.

Not sure what changed, but maybe try airplane mode. (Maybe that's what airplane mode means: use it when you're flying an "airplane")

Reactions: Capt KO
The phone interferes with RC signal that's for sure. I always kept getting messages of interference if I had my phone close to the RC or the craft. Now I'm leaving the phone far enough from the RC or better in the car. The same thing is if you put the phone into airplane mode which disables all phone transmissions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj