P4 Firmware Weak image transmission settings

Reaction score
After every firmware update it seems to me that no matter if it’s a phantom WiFi or lightbridge that it seems that the image transmission is affected the most and gives the most problems, and some times it maybe not be do to the firmware, it could be the area that you live in.

And also while flying the first thing that usually goes out first is the the “image transmission.” Not sure if everyone feels the same way I do, or if they have a way around it to get stronger image transmission, but if there is a fix I would love to know.

Also, I do use both auto and custom settings depending on the area that I’m flying in, most of the time custom is the better option.

Also, why doesn’t DJI give us 32 channels to choose from instead of just the 13-20 channels it would give us more options to choose from instead of limiting to just a few channels that seems to have higher frequency interruptions.

I guess what I’m saying from those who have experience and knowledge is there a way to get stronger “ image transmission signals” or is that the weak point of the phantoms or any other drone that DJI makes, let me know your thought, suggestions, fixes, I would truly like to here your comments on this subject.

Reactions: BoneThrower13
Hi Kevin, I'm having the same trouble, I haven't used my p4 for about 4 months the camera was flicking abit before storage, I put it down to the phone tower a couple of miles away.
  1. I pulled out yesterday ,fired it up and it said I need a update and part of the update was to fix the image problem , I thought great , Ye ha ! ..... BOOM it is worst than it was before, what is the point good money wasted I think,....

Reflash firmwear, might have to do it a few times before it works, update Djigo app, update controller as well, and you should be good if not download older firmwear, hope this helps

I am in the same boat. I was flying my newly bought P4P at the end of the summer with zero issues. Got it out of its case to fly it a few weeks ago and dowloaded the new firmware and now I cannot get an image on my phone. I have reason to believe something is wrong with my RC. In the about section on the DJI go app it is saying all firmware is updated except for the controller. It just says "unknown". I have literally spent more time trying all these "fixes" and trying to get it to work than I have spent flying the drone. Not very happy.

mine a diif issue. aircraft firmware : unknown, updated my p4 standard aircraft last april 3, via go app stock at 99%.i assumed its complet but after i reboot aircraft there no image transmission anymore. im flying blind up to this moment. cant find any solution. in addition to, theres no ip address when i connect my aircraft on pc assistant. everething works execpt image transmission. im so disappointed....cant downgrade or upgrade even refresh. hope theres still a way....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik