we need a autel x star forum

Getting close to pulling the trigger. Saw that B&H is offering $899 and a free battery. But Autel also has a mail-in program for a free battery until August 15. Does that mean that I could get 2 free batteries?
no its just one free plus case is really nice too
20160427_153329.jpg

Good morning and Happy Saturday. If you want to get on the AUTEL Bandwagon. We have an incredible deal for the Autel X-Star 4K WIFI Kit bundle with 1 extra battery for $749. Check it out. Same as X-Star Premium, with just shorter flight range of 3500'. That's more distance then Chroma, Q500+, Q500-4k, P3S.
Limited Qtys Available.
http://carolinadronz.com/search?q=autel+wifi

frank farray at Carolina dronz has this also

When I see aftermarket antennas for the x star then maybe I will purchase one. Anyone know if an aftermarket antenna is in the works?
think someone is working on it but with almost 3 mile distance really don't need one

True that. Watched the Great Pumpkin fly over 2.5 miles before a return to home was initiated. The controller is better than DJIs, has a built in screen for telemetry, buttons for functions that DJI only has in the app, and a copilot training mode using a second controller. The hardware build is top notch. The only issue, which can easily be fixed by firmware, is when releasing the sticks, the quad will continue flying for 20 feet or so, before stabilizing to a hover. I have flown it, and it is very similar to a Phantom.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

facebook has autel robotics x star owners group over 350 members

Reactions: Phantomix
I get almost 3 miles stock
Starlink_20160710_101419_Manual_Moment(3).jpg

That's a beautiful live display for 2.77 miles. I would bet that you have a lot more video and telemetry range than RC control. The 900 MHz used for video should easily outdistance the 5.8 GHz control link. Just a small gain antenna installed in place of the 5 GHz whip would probably get you past 3 miles.

Reactions: CPLpilot
That's a beautiful live display for 2.77 miles. I would bet that you have more video and telemetry range than RC control. The 900 MHz used for video should easily outdistance the 5.8 GHz control link. Just a small gain antenna installed in place of the 5 GHz whip would probably get you past 3 miles.

I really hope to see some range extenders for our TX's soon.

Reactions: flpholt
I really hope to see some range extenders for our TX's soon.
It should be real simple to replace the 5.8 Ghz whip antenna with a SMA connector. There is a wide range of 5.8 high gain antennas that would just screw on the connector.

Reactions: CPLpilot
we are all up for any suggestions to make it even better than it is

Start with flight records and data logging. I returned my X-Star (not premium) today because of this glaring omission. The downloadable manual shows a flight record icon, but tech support said yesterday (Sunday, 7/17) that is for a future firmware upgrade. They further instructed me on how to acquire the flight data. Their instructions did not work. They also said, "for that the data you will need specialized software to do this which is not made available by us. The software is for internal (employee use) use."

So, if you're used to using healthydrones.com and you log flights for FAA commercial purposes, wait a little longer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94