we need a autel x star forum

Ordered the Premium off the B&H deal today, officially team pumpkin.
be sure and tell me what you think of it welcome to the pumpkin army

Reactions: CPLpilot
you should come on join pumpkin army

It is an attractive option but I'm going with a P3s instead. I already have the batteries filters etc. I want a less expensive option for Litchi flights.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guess the name will change to "Phantom/KnockoffsPilots"........

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guess the name will change to "Phantom/KnockoffsPilots"........

should study up before making self look stupid

Reactions: the4dudleys
should study up before making self look stupid

What do I need to study up on? From the "About" section of this website "PhantomPilots.com is the leading online community for discussion and support for the DJI Phantom aerial quadcopter platform. Whether you are a first-time flyer or an expert pilot, your contributions are a valuable part of our growing community of support. Membership is free, so join us today to enjoy safe, fun and successful flying.
Speaking of studying, how about grammar?

I was under the impression this forum as a whole was for "Phantom Only". Unless I missed something [emoji848]

Last edited:
I was under the impression this forum as a whole was for "Phantom Only". Unless I missed something
emoji848.png

First. You need to chill.
Two. Grammar Police doesn't exist.
Three. This is the Off-Topic section.
Four. You know this forum is part of a network of forums right?
I lost count.

[file]forum|none[/file]

Enjoy your Phantom. Enjoy flying. Enjoy healthy competition among the industry. It's better for you.

Reactions: flpholt
Speaking of the X-Star Premium and Autel Robotics.. I designed a Gimbal Brace yesterday. Came out pretty good, although I had to remove some styrofoam from the gimbal area of the case for it to easily fit. (still fit without the mod, but you have to pull the gimbal back a bit)

P_20160716_205153.jpg

P_20160716_205124.jpg

2016-07-16_21-19-43.png

Reactions: CPLpilot
What do I need to study up on? From the "About" section of this website "PhantomPilots.com is the leading online community for discussion and support for the DJI Phantom aerial quadcopter platform. Whether you are a first-time flyer or an expert pilot, your contributions are a valuable part of our growing community of support. Membership is free, so join us today to enjoy safe, fun and successful flying.

I was under the impression this forum as a whole was for "Phantom Only". Unless I missed something [emoji848]

if you don't like it don't read it no one is making you read this post

Dude, if you don't like these posts, change the channel.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flpholt
This pumpkin ship looks very interesting. Any of you pumpkin guys flying the standard X-Star? I'm cheap and .6 miles is more than enuf for me - I only fly line-of-sight. The primary concern is the quality of the 720P live video display. I got bit by DJI advertising both P3P and P3A display 720P but the P3A only sends at 2Mbps and the display is full of artifacts.

One thing that surprised me is that both the premium and standard X-Star use 5.8GHz for the RC link just like the P3S. Looks like the only difference between the premium and standard X-Star is the video link. The premium uses 900 MHz and the standard uses 2.4GHz wifi also like the P3S. I would think the 5.8G RC link would be subject to more absorption by foliage and buildings, etc.

This pumpkin ship looks very interesting. Any of you pumpkin guys flying the standard X-Star? I'm cheap and .6 miles is more than enuf for me - I only fly line-of-sight. The primary concern is the quality of the 720P live video display. I got bit by DJI advertising both P3P and P3A display 720P but the P3A only sends at 2Mbps and the display is full of artifacts.

One thing that surprised me is that both the premium and standard X-Star use 5.8GHz for the RC link just like the P3S. Looks like the only difference between the premium and standard X-Star is the video link. The premium uses 900 MHz and the standard uses 2.4GHz wifi also like the P3S. I would think the 5.8G RC link would be subject to more absorption by foliage and buildings, etc.
heard members on forum saying really enjoy it very much but if you due buy a premium right now you get a free battery too

heard members on forum saying really enjoy it very much but if you due buy a premium right now you get a free battery too
Technical specs are a little scarce for the pumpkin. But one thing I am certain of: the premium and standard use exactly the same camera and have the same recording capability.

Technical specs are a little scarce for the pumpkin. But one thing I am certain of: the premium and standard use exactly the same camera and have the same recording capability.
yep but with premium you get free case 64 gig sd card plus is just like Lightbridge plus the free battery . but if not still cant go wrong with x star wifi plus best customer service around

yep but with premium you get free case 64 gig sd card plus is just like Lightbridge plus the free battery . but if not still cant go wrong with x star wifi plus best customer service around
Getting close to pulling the trigger. Saw that B&H is offering $899 and a free battery. But Autel also has a mail-in program for a free battery until August 15. Does that mean that I could get 2 free batteries?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West