Ways of preventing active breaking

Reaction score
Hello

I wanna ask you how you guys prevent you drone from active breaking, which can possibly cause prop spin off, shell crack or many other things.
Extremely slowly pulling down the right stick when flying fast forward isnt the easiest method. Cause if you flying fast, it takes very sensitive and slow breaking which is a bit hard to do.

I heard that its also possible to be done somehow from settings, but that way it increases the breaking distance, correct?

Please advice.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wanna ask you how you guys prevent you drone from active breaking, which can possibly cause prop spin off, shell crack or many other things.
Extremely slowly pulling down the right stick when flying fast forward isnt the easiest method. Cause if you flying fast, it takes very sensitive and slow breaking which is a bit hard to do.

I heard that its also possible to be done somehow from settings, but that way it increases the breaking distance, correct?
You can adjust the active braking in the app settings here:
i-pgr8M3r-L.png

Despite what you may have read in forums there is no evidence that active braking will cause shell cracking, prop loss or "many other things".
If it did everyone would have shell cracks etc but only a small number do.

Reactions: HWCM
Yes, You can adjust braking in the Go app. Not sure where, and I'm not somewhere right now where I can bring up the app. But it is under setting, you will find some bar sliders one of which should be braking. The lower the number, the softer the braking. And, yes, as you soften braking, the bird will take longer to come to a stop so fly accordingly. If you can't find it, I'll check later and get back with you.

I'm with you Meta4, somebody suggests that without proving beyond reasonable doubt (for example) going round twice when doing a compass calibration will cause the Phantom to fly to the south pole at 300 kph as soon as it takes off, it permeates the whole forum and then it becomes an apocryphal rumour, which abound because people won't investigate the truth..

I'd expect hard or even moderate acceleration to create far more stress than active braking. Out of millions of flights how many people have suffered a prop spinning off?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers