waypoints speed and gimbal pitch question

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I read in the litchi manual that if the controller signal is lost it will continue on the speed that it was going at the entire mission. Is that correct?
Meaning if i set waypoint 1 to 33mph and waypoint2 to 10mph.....and i lose signal before reaching waypoint 2 - its going to go at 33mph the entire mission even though waypoint 2 says 10mph?
Also same thing with the gimbal pitch - even if additional waypoints tell it to adjust if the controller signal is lost it wont adjust anything.
Is there a way around that limitation?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys,
So I read in the litchi manual that if the controller signal is lost it will continue on the speed that it was going at the entire mission. Is that correct?
Meaning if i set waypoint 1 to 33mph and waypoint2 to 10mph.....and i lose signal before reaching waypoint 2 - its going to go at 33mph the entire mission even though waypoint 2 says 10mph?
Also same thing with the gimbal pitch - even if additional waypoints tell it to adjust if the controller signal is lost it wont adjust anything.
Is there a way around that limitation?
Thanks
You are correct on the speed, it will continue at whatever the previous waypoint speed was until it regains coms. Gimbal pitch will continue to operate as programmed and continue to move. Best to set a "cursing speed" and use that throughout the flight if you think you may lose coms. Not sure why it works like this but that's the way it is.

Reactions: Capt KO
Are you sure about the pitch? from my tests its not adjusting the new pitch per waypoint. rather keeping the previous pitch before lost communication.
As per their doc's:

Waypoint Gimbal Pitch
Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller.

I thought the whole point of litchi is the ability to complete the mission with or without contact from the remote. Or do you have it set to return directly to home if contact is lost? If so, RTH sets the speed in P mode.

Are you sure about the pitch? from my tests its not adjusting the new pitch per waypoint. rather keeping the previous pitch before lost communication.
As per their doc's:

Waypoint Gimbal Pitch
Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller.
Have done quite a few golf course missions with loss of coms issues have occured where the gimbal continues to move tracking the pin or the t-box without issues.

Update:
Just looked at the on-line docs and it does say that you have to have comes. On the golf course flys I was using a POI to control the gimbal.

I stand corrected.

Have done quite a few golf course missions with loss of coms issues have occured where the gimbal continues to move tracking the pin or the t-box without issues.
maybe its going adjusting to look at each new waypoint or each new POI ? im refering to the pitch - which means up and down degrees.

I thought the whole point of litchi is the ability to complete the mission with or without contact from the remote. Or do you have it set to return directly to home if contact is lost? If so, RTH sets the speed in P mode.
There is a RTH setting in the latest release that allows to either continue the mission or RTH upon signal loss.
I don't know of any way to set the RTH speed in either Litchi or Go, it's always the same for both on my P4P - 22 MPH.

maybe its going adjusting to look at each new waypoint or each new POI ? im refering to the pitch - which means up and down degrees.
Gimbal angle is also be controllable with the POI settings for the waypoint..

Gimbal Interpolation calculations (pitch) are done by the smart device, so YES control-signal needs to be active.
Loosing video-feed does NOT always mean loosing control of the drone.
When control-signal gets poor (intermittend), gimbal-pitch will be less smooth as well.

Gimbal Interpolation calculations (pitch) are done by the smart device, so YES control-signal needs to be active.
Loosing video-feed does NOT always mean loosing control of the drone.
When control-signal gets poor (intermittend), gimbal-pitch will be less smooth as well.
Yes. This has to do with the way the DJI SDK works. Waypoints can be loaded into the aircraft and the aircraft can be commanded to fly them autonomously - including altitude changes. However, speed changes and gimbal pitch changes must be commanded from the controller in real time. So controller to aircraft connection is required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31