Wavy video

Reaction score
Whats up guys, got my PV when it first came out and have been watching and learning from this board quite a while, you guys are so helpful thanks :)

So after flying a zillion times without issues and a few propellor changes my PV is now producing terribly wavy video, new props didn't help and everything is stock, any ideas?

also after a few updates, my PV doesn't hover or maintain the same tight space it used to, now its moving around in wide circles, wants to drop in altitude and is just generally not as stable as it used to be, any insights would be appreciated.

I made this a while back of footage I had from flying around at home.
http://youtu.be/8zm_LB3JOqE

Thanks all :)

The waviness in the video could be something as simple as, now that the seasons are changing, you're seeing a bit heavier winds and the Phantom needs to fight a little more to compensate. Try switching over to ATTI mode and test there. If your video smooths out, it means it's likely the wind. If it doesn't smooth out, then it's something else (like, you mentioned a couple of prop changes... perhaps the new props are not properly balanced and will need a little work to get everything smooth again).

The wide circle issue sounds like you need to calibrate the compass. Though... if it's truly accompanied by altitude shifts, something else might be amiss as well (or instead). Start with a full IMU calibration at the computer, then do a compass calibration out in the field. See of that clears either the lateral drift or the rise-and-dive (or both).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl