Water damage

Reaction score
Got my new P2 in yesterday and got to fly it and get comfortable with it. So I took it over the lake this morning. I saw the first battery warning and started bringing it in but sadly it had lost too much power and was too low.. I jumped in but with a blow ACL and blue jeans I couldn't make enough swimming happen to get to it. A fellow wakeboarder and I put on our wet suits and started diving for it since the water is only 6 ft, but murky. We searched for 2 hours with no luck. Were gonna try a boat with a casting net..

The question is if I find my phantom 2 with H3-2D and hero 3, will anything be salvageable other than my SD card? 100% fresh water, a reasonable solid bottom and everything was powered on when it went down.

river_rat_tx said:
Got my new P2 in yesterday and got to fly it and get comfortable with it. So I took it over the lake this morning. I saw the first battery warning and started bringing it in but sadly it had lost too much power and was too low.. I jumped in but with a blow ACL and blue jeans I couldn't make enough swimming happen to get to it. A fellow wakeboarder and I put on our wet suits and started diving for it since the water is only 6 ft, but murky. We searched for 2 hours with no luck. Were gonna try a boat with a casting net..

The question is if I find my phantom 2 with H3-2D and hero 3, will anything be salvageable other than my SD card? 100% fresh water, a reasonable solid bottom and everything was powered on when it went down.

Well, unfortunately if it's down there for an extended period of time you might be out of luck. However, I've sen a few go a full 24 hours under water and still power up. Once you find in, throw it in a box full of rice to absorb the moisture. Try not to get rice inside the Phantom, as it will be a pain to get it out :p
That's your best bet. Fresh water won't corrode the boards like salt water will, so there's a chance it will work.
If your GoPro was in the water housing it should absolutely still work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl