Water Crash

Reaction score
Attached is all that was retained before hitting a leafless branch and falling into the creek. I had a spotter following and right before it went down I heard "VERE RIGHT!" it was too late.

I pulled it out of the creek with only one blade still spinning. Wasn't responding to CSC so I just pulled the battery. There wasn't any obvious physical damage so fingers crossed it can dry out.

Anyone else have this misfortune?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attached is all that was retained before hitting a leafless branch and falling into the creek. I had a spotter following and right before it went down I heard "VERE RIGHT!" it was too late.

I pulled it out of the creek with only one blade still spinning. Wasn't responding to CSC so I just pulled the battery. There wasn't any obvious physical damage so fingers crossed it can dry out.

Open top and get In rice as soon as possable leave 2 days

Open top and get In rice as soon as possable leave 2 days
Heh, the old cell phone trick. I was thinking about that on the way home. I opted to not crack it open and cause potentially more damage. I tried airing it out w/ a hair dryer (no heat) through all orifices for about 15 minutes. But yeah, I'll report back next weekend if it's still operable.

Weird that it didn't get more of the video written to the card. What about cached video on mobile device?

Initial report back. Against my better judgment I tried powering it on. I was initially gleeful as I had communication and camera signal through the DJI app. Then the camera went into what I would call a seizure shortly after bootup. I double clicked the battery to power down. I'll try again later.

I did. -hit the wrong lever by mistake flying over SALT water. I used an air compressor within minutes, then raced home, put it in a hot room with a dehumidifier, put it on top of a big box fan and with a other blowing into it, rotating every few minutes for several hours, then just the fans overnight, and (1) battery is shot. Nada. Won't charge, (2) "no signal", No camera. Will open it up now and put rice in and leave it enclosed for a few days...

If you crash into salt water you need to soak the whole thing in fresh water for a few hours before drying it off - the only chance you have!

Well... I have since taken the top off, pulls the tape off the inside of the top to make the GPS accessible, and now it, and the bottom half are already packed in a box of rice big enough to feed Hong Kong and all that sealed in a plastic bag... Will give it a few days and see then. If it is still kaput I'll try the fresh water. Thanks!

You should have tried fresh water FIRST!
Good luck!

I should have (1) not flown it over water, (2) flown it over fresh water first, (3) done a practice crash into fresh water, (4) waited until I posted the crash and received a reply and (5) see # 1 again. :) Thanks for any and all suggestions and comments. For others who may yet experience this thing, I will provide an update in a few days...

Reactions: skalofong

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31