Watch "DJI Phantom 4 Yaw Motor replacement" on YouTube

Very nicely done. Thanks

Reactions: Droneted
Actually good clear shots and info
I have watched plenty of this kind of video where hands blocked the view. I tried very hard not to do that. I just wish I had practiced this before recording it. I did it for a friend in Africa. Very hard to explain in text. I may redo it when I am not so busy. For some reason, after putting this up, I have been getting a lot of cameras to fix with this problem. I did it so you guys could do it yourself... LOL..

You sir, are a brother from another mother! As my name might suggest I have the resources of a full clock repair shop at my disposal. I do this sort of thing all day and have rebuilt quite a few DJI drones from the ground up. May I suggest instead of tapping the motor housing back with a hammer, use some sort of press, maybe even a small drill press. You could even use the vise with a couple of wooden blocks to squeeze the two pieces together. You're much less likely to damage the new part. Just my 2 cents.

You sir, are a brother from another mother! As my name might suggest I have the resources of a full clock repair shop at my disposal. I do this sort of thing all day and have rebuilt quite a few DJI drones from the ground up. May I suggest instead of tapping the motor housing back with a hammer, use some sort of press, maybe even a small drill press. You could even use the vise with a couple of wooden blocks to squeeze the two pieces together. You're much less likely to damage the new part. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks, that is a great suggestion. I have plastic inserts for my vise so that is very do able. I will try it out soon.

DAAAAANG - it worked! Thanks Ted, for the crystal clear instructions and the logic behind why your method works.

DON’T throw your busted yaw motor away!

Nice job, buddy!

Reactions: MTO
How do you know when the yaw motor needs to be replaced ? .. my gimbal is really shakey ... when i stop yawing is when it is real noticeable .... does that mean my yaw motor needs to be replaced ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj