Was it a drone? British airways flight

Do you have any evidence that the BBC is reporting anything other than the information released by the Metropolitan Police, BA and the CAA? The same information that all the other news outlets are reporting.
It's bandwagon trend mob reporting. And it's misrepresented what the pilot said - he said he "thought it was a drone...."

I imagine the BBC have a vested interest in drones, they use them all the time in their news footage

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Do you have any evidence that the BBC is reporting anything other than the information released by the Metropolitan Police, BA and the CAA? The same information that all the other news outlets are reporting.

No - but the BBC have gone from Maybe to now reporting that a drone DID hit a plane - and reporting 40 similar incidents etc etc - but there doesnt seem to be any extra evidence on this incident from anywhere else - in my area of work we experience this type of reporting from the BBC all the time - and if things are proven to be different the rarely publish the new facts - just ignore them

We love our drones and passionate about the hobby .

We do not want more restrictive regulations.

However

Drones are 'Toys' we can live without them if flying them can cost lives of innocent people.

How to solve this equation ?
Your input needed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No - but the BBC have gone from Maybe to now reporting that a drone DID hit a plane - and reporting 40 similar incidents etc etc - but there doesnt seem to be any extra evidence on this incident from anywhere else - in my area of work we experience this type of reporting from the BBC all the time - and if things are proven to be different the rarely publish the new facts - just ignore them

Perhaps you are looking at a different article. The one I've read clearly states what has been reported, and what is still unconfirmed. The only clear speculation that I see in the article is the comment from the technology editor that this will likely lead to pressure for more action to be taken - exactly the same comment made multiple times in this thread.

'Drone' hits British Airways plane approaching Heathrow Airport - BBC News

Perhaps you are looking at a different article. The one I've read clearly states what has been reported, and what is still unconfirmed. The only clear speculation that I see in the article is the comment from the technology editor that this will likely lead to pressure for more action to be taken - exactly the same comment made multiple times in this thread.

'Drone' hits British Airways plane approaching Heathrow Airport - BBC News

In this article, on the BBC website:

Is a drone capable of stopping a plane?

A well known reporter states:

'For months pilots have warned it would happen. After 40 near misses last year, it seems a drone HAS now hit an aircraft coming in to land, this time at Heathrow. The damage was minimal, but could have been much worse............"

This indicates there WAS a strike and DAMAGE was caused. This info doesnt seem to be confirmed anywhere else - on the BA site and the Police site it is still a possible - and no photos or other info re actual damage seems to be available..........

Reactions: sar104
How long before the Enquirer writes about it next to bat boy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Unfortunately that's the way everything is heading now.....there will be some knee jerk reaction no doubt

Very unfortunate incident.

It's not difficult to determine a bird strike from a strike from an inanimate object.

With that in mind, I really don't understand the apparent confusion over the event and the subsequent ambiguity in both the news and authorities.

It either WAS, it WASN'T, or it WAS and we don't want to say anything YET.

I suspect the authorities know, they are likely just using the pathetic public news media.

Reactions: b0dyr0ck2006
The media has twisted the story. It's all about the $$$.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4