Warranty

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new in the box Phantom Pro 4 Obsidian through a private sale. How do I register the warranty?

How do I register the warranty?
You don't need to register. The warranty period starts on the day the drone is delivered or the day you purchased it from an authorized DJI dealer. If the private seller is not an authorized DJI dealer, then the warranty period probably started the day he/she received it. You'll need a copy of the original sales receipt in order to request warranty service.

See more details in the DJI Warranty. You can reach out to DJI Support if you'd like to find out when your warranty period started.

Reactions: BigAl07
According to chat support from DJI, the warranty starts the moment you activate the drone
It's probably best to assume the warranty information on DJI's website is accurate. Chat support does not always provide accurate information.

It's probably best to assume the warranty information on DJI's website is accurate. Chat support does not always provide accurate information.
I can vouch from my own experience requesting warranty coverage. They would not process my claim without a copy of my sales receipt.

Reactions: msinger
When I go to their website. Their is nothing about a warranty. Only the DJI care extended warranty.

DJI warranty is worthless IMO. I had a solid claim last year when my P4 inverted and powered into the ground. DJI said was rough landing and pilot error! I submitted many videos and statements that a P4 cannot flip upside down on its own if it is functional yet no claim. I had to pay the repair bill and DJ refused to tell me how the event happened! I argued with them on phone and email for a solid month and received nothing but lies, disconnects and transfers to someone else who had no idea what was going on. I now fly my new V 2.0 assuming no warranty since I will never submit anything to them again! If I can't fix it myself, I'll find a third part shop to do the work quicker and cheaper than DJI would. I also insured through State Farm for $60 a year 100% coverage so they cover even fly aways.

Regards,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Bellaflys2016
DJI warranty is worthless IMO. I had a solid claim last year when my P4 inverted and powered into the ground. DJI said was rough landing and pilot error! I submitted many videos and statements that a P4 cannot flip upside down on its own if it is functional yet no claim. I had to pay the repair bill and DJ refused to tell me how the event happened! I argued with them on phone and email for a solid month and received nothing but lies, disconnects and transfers to someone else who had no idea what was going on. I now fly my new V 2.0 assuming no warranty since I will never submit anything to them again! If I can't fix it myself, I'll find a third part shop to do the work quicker and cheaper than DJI would. I also insured through State Farm for $60 a year 100% coverage so they cover even fly aways.

Regards,
Jim
WA5TEF
I had the opposite experience. When my 2.0 came DOA, they proceded in replacing it, even when I purchased it from a non DJI approved vendor. They even extended the warranty 2 weeks from activation.

I had the opposite experience. When my 2.0 came DOA, they proceded in replacing it, even when I purchased it from a non DJI approved vendor. They even extended the warranty 2 weeks from activation.
Ditto here on the high level of service I received from DJI. My AC was delivered to UPS on a Monday and back in my hands in just 4 days.

Sure! There are many posts where owners have received good results from DJI but I stand by my statement. I have a folder full of emails where DJI absolutely refused repeatedly to simply answer how the drone flipped upside down! All they should have said is “we don’t know”! But no, they kept lying about it and hanging up on my calls, MANY TIMES! Perhaps they have improved this past year but no way do I trust them after the treatment they gave me. Plus, they lied about repairing my drone. Sent me a link to check on progress of the repair AFTER I paid the bill but this was a total fabrication. I followed it daily and when it was reported as shipped the serial number changed! They then told me my drone was not repairable and was sending another. However when I got it and tried to attach the propellers they would not lock because the retainer springs HAD BEEN REMOVED! Now how did they test fly it with no props? I called and they did not believe me and I had to submit a video showing these ten cent parts were missing! It took five weeks more to get them to even mail them to me and then only after a moderator here got them for me, no thanks to DJI service!

Do you can see why I don’t trust dji’s Warranty or customer service.
Regards
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj