Warning about taking phantom through UK security

Reaction score
This is just me trying to help others so they don't have the same thing happen to them. Basically east Midlands airport security wouldn't allow my drone in my hand luggage despite the fact that I had checked online to see what things were allowed by Thomson airways and they didn't say anything apart from restrictions on lipos.
This is obviously just a case of them getting caught up in the media scares about "drones" as there is no good reason not to allow it.
I had put the propellors in my hold luggage, the batteries were protected from short circuits, drained to 20% and put in a fireproof bag. So there was nothing dangerous about the drone and the lipos were within the airlines limits.
It wasn't even the lipos they were bothered about, they just would not take a "drone".
Luckily I had my car parked nearby and time to go back, so I just emptied all of my drone stuff into my car. Now my battery's will be left at 20% for 2 weeks...
This was a bit of a rant...
Basically the thing to do is to put the drone in the hold baggage and only the lipos in the hand luggage, wish I had known this before I had checked my hold luggage in...
Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: monkeychops

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20