want to mimick features of vision+ while using my gopro

Reaction score
I've done some research and was about to buy the vision+, because I love all the features and how you can use your iphone to see realtime fpv. However I already own a GoPro Hero 3 Black+ so I feel like it would be a waste not using it and spending the money on an inferior camera. My question is what do I need to buy to get the same features of a vison + using my gopro. If someone could just give me a very basic and brief list of extras I would need and a quick explanation of what it does, then I can do the rest. The only upgrade I would be interested in is possibly a little extra range, but definitely not very important. Also I would prefer not mounting anything to the exterior of the phantom 2. Thanks in advance.

The fundamental problem with getting the pictures onto your phone that you can't use Wifi link with the P2 (Non vision), because the P2 uses the same radio frequencies for its radio control system.

i.e the P2 uses 2.4Ghz radio control and wifi uses the 2.4Ghz band as well.
Where as the P2V uses "Remote Controller: Operating Frequency 5.728 GHz-5.85 GHz"

To get a video feed from your gopro on the P2 you can use the 5.8Ghz band, (which is what most people do), but I've no idea how you'd get the video from a 5.8Ghz receiver into your phone.

Im no expert in this but I dont think you can FPV on a P2 using a phone, I could be wrong. You would need to mount a video transmitter on the outside although some have drilled and cut away some internal plastic structures on the shell and stuck the antenna through the hole. Opening the shell and working on the inards is always a risk but very achievable and satisfying when it all works. I can just tell you what I did and the basic parts.
* video transmitter on the belly
* a diversity video receiver built into a small monitor
* iosd mini if you want telemetry over laid on the video - I put mine inside and moved the canbus inside too.
* some way of cabling your GoPro in. The DJI Zenmuse gimbel is plug and play
* some way of mounting the monitor to your controller or put it on a tripod.
* I added better antennas for better video range but not essential
* knowledge about solderng it all up. I followed instructions from a youtube video

...Just my story

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

The very basic and brief list for what your looking for is;
1. You can't.

The vision and non vision phantoms are two different animals. The truth of the matter is that what you are requesting or looking to do with a non-vision phantom is just not going to work out for you.

I hate to say it but you might just have to swallow that pill and pick up a vision for what you are looking to do. Having an extra GoPro laying around is never a bad thing.

nathanstl said:
I've done some research and was about to buy the vision+, because I love all the features and how you can use your iphone to see realtime fpv. However I already own a GoPro Hero 3 Black+ so I feel like it would be a waste not using it and spending the money on an inferior camera. My question is what do I need to buy to get the same features of a vison + using my gopro. If someone could just give me a very basic and brief list of extras I would need and a quick explanation of what it does, then I can do the rest. The only upgrade I would be interested in is possibly a little extra range, but definitely not very important. Also I would prefer not mounting anything to the exterior of the phantom 2. Thanks in advance.

You can do it but you will have to buy about four additional pieces of equipment and install them. You also won't be able to use your phone. So it is really a difference of what would you rather have "sitting around", a Go Pro or a phone?

Seriously though... the basics are with the Vision+ you get a ready to go system with a little bit shorter range and a somewhat inferior camera BUT all in one and easy OR a P2 H3-3D combo with a better camera and depending on your setup farther range BUT it will take some money and time to get everything working.

If you are new to all of this, go with the Vision+, IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik