Walkera G2 w/ Hero4 silver

Reaction score
So I'm looking to replace my cnc gimbal with the Walkera G2, anyone using this combination? if so, how's the performance? The CNC gimbal pretty much sucks and i'd like to not pay $200+ for a decent one. my flight time has dropped from 12+min to a bit over 5 with the stock battery(using CNC gimbal). Replacing that with the multistar4000, hoping to @ least get back to 12 maybe 15 with the Walkera. Also what about using a separate battery for the gimbal?

i have a Walkera G2D and a SJ4000 camera, i paid $79.00 for the camera and $129.00 for gimbal.I would put it up against a GoPro any day. i have the metal version of the gimbal ,it works great. i also was getting around 12-13 min with the Multistar 4000 mod on my FC40 with gimbal ,camera ,fpv transmitter,Mini OSD and PMU.
I transplanted it to a F450 .

Sounds like I should be able to get a bit more than 12-15 with just the gimbal. u did have to shave the battery door for the battery to fit right? Still debating between the metal or plastic walkera. Battery should be here by next week.

Check out the weight of each gimbal. My metal gimbal is 200 grams, the plastic Walkera is about 120.
Your 4000 weighs quite a bit more than a stock battery. You may notice the bird acting a little different.
The battery door does not have to be modified unless you are trying to close it. I think the wires will stick out, so you would need to cut a hole in it.
I removed my door and use some small wire through the hinge and the hole at the top to secure the battery. I don't think the battery could get out if it wanted anyway.

The material which has to be removed is around the opening, which is part of the body.
You will see soon enough.

There are some good videos out there on how to treat a new battery to make it last.

So after a week or so of testing I'm gonna return the walkera g2(plastic). Far too much jello. I'll be reconnecting my cnc. Jello was non existent but flight time was cut easily by 2 minutes. Hoping the p2 props will make up for that. My initial problem with the cnc gimbal is that it wouldn't stay level. Any1 using the metal walkera or have suggestions of losing the jello(no zip ties or rigging), or keeping the cnc gimbal level?

So the lighter gimbal may not be such a good idea after all. Just not enough mass to resist the jello or ??? Some folks have tried softer or harder balls.

I appreciate the responses IflyinWY, Ur always active on here an have given me most of my advice/guidance(kudos to Dragonash as well). Im actually using the (stiff black) dampers from the CNC gimbal which i thought would correct the jello. Im gunna try a few different combos (2 stiff, 2 soft)like that link suggests, if not, ill probably stick with the CNC for now and get the metal Walkera down the line.

Reactions: IflyinWY
When I first got my G2D, I had no real jello but at times I had a slight horz vibration the the video. I tried compressing the rubbers and wire tie. The vibration thing stopped but I got jello. So, I removed the ties and stuffed half sheet of toilet paper inside each damper. I also use a separate 7.4 v 850 ma battery mounted to the real of gimble mount. I think the battery acts like a damper. Anyway, I really don't seem to have any issues now unless the quad is fighting strong winds which I rarely fly in for video.

When I first got my G2D, I had no real jello but at times I had a slight horz vibration the the video. I tried compressing the rubbers and wire tie. The vibration thing stopped but I got jello. So, I removed the ties and stuffed half sheet of toilet paper inside each damper. I also use a separate 7.4 v 850 ma battery mounted to the real of gimble mount. I think the battery acts like a damper. Anyway, I really don't seem to have any issues now unless the quad is fighting strong winds which I rarely fly in for video.
hows ur flight time with the additional battery and what batteries are you using for the fc40 and the gimbal? I also read somewhere that its preferred to use an 11.1 battery for the gimbal

I have the P1 quads. With a good stock 2200 ma battery, I can get around 13 minutes with a bare Phantom. Phantom is stock. I see no reason to change it if has no problems. With a Gopro white and G2D Walkera gimble, I can get 8 or so minute videos. I can live with that. I have 7 batteries and 2 P1 Phantoms. I wouldn't mind a fancier Phantom but I don't need smart battery problems. When I want to fly, mine does what it supposed to do. No issues. A P3 sounds nice. I always fly LOS although I do have FPV...Fatshark Predator V2 goggles and a monitor. .. but haven't used it very much. Any extra weight takes away from flight time.I also carry a Drone Mods GPS tracker most of the time

I bought some JST leads thinking I would want to connect the gimble to the aux Phantom power supply. Haven't done it yet. I use a 7.4 volt 850 ma battery from a small quad I have for gimble power. I think it weighs about 48 grams. I don't have pitch control connected. maybe later. It doesn't from what I've seen, make videos look better.I sometimes think that if the gimble was connected to the Phantom power, and it shorted or something it could bring the quad down. I feel better keeping them separate for now. I like the G2D gimble for the $79 I paid for it. Much better than my videos in the past without it. I wonder how much better a 3d would be. If it's windy and the quad yaws a bit, it can't handle that well. But, I don't expect good video on a windy gusty day.So far I am pleased with the G2D. BTW. I did reverse the mounting plate on the gimble so it would not interfere with the battery door.

Reactions: Abdul
Este fin de semana, use el plástico cardán G-2D en mi FC40, después de esperar por el poder para ser compartido con el cardán, después de algunas pruebas detectan que esta será eliminado y sólo se pueden utilizar con el F2 cable al cardán deja el puerto, esto alimenta y no tener que tomar el poder directo de la batería. En ambos casos, el tiempo de vuelo se redujo 5-4 minutos, he colocado en la cama cardán 4H Plata.
El único problema, además de la duración de la batería está despegando tiende a inclinarse hacia adelante, esto me preocupa Creo que es el peso de la cámara más el cardán.
El cardán funciona muy bien, no tengo nerviosismo en la grabación.

Este fin de semana, use el plástico cardán G-2D en mi FC40, después de esperar por el poder para ser compartido con el cardán, después de algunas pruebas detectan que esta será eliminado y sólo se pueden utilizar con el F2 cable al cardán deja el puerto, esto alimenta y no tener que tomar el poder directo de la batería. En ambos casos, el tiempo de vuelo se redujo 5-4 minutos, he colocado en la cama cardán 4H Plata.
El único problema, además de la duración de la batería está despegando tiende a inclinarse hacia adelante, esto me preocupa Creo que es el peso de la cámara más el cardán.
El cardán funciona muy bien, no tengo nerviosismo en la grabación.
no understando

Este fin de semana, use el plástico cardán G-2D en mi FC40, después de esperar....

Here's the post translated:
This weekend , use the gimbal G -2D plastic in my FC40 , after waiting for power to be shared with the gimbal , after some tests detect that this will be removed and can only be used with the F2 cable to the gimbal leaves the port , this feeds and not have to take the direct power of the battery. In both cases , the flight time is reduced 5-4 minutes , I have placed in bed 4H Silver gimbal . The only problem besides the battery is peeling tends to lean forward , I think this worries me is the weight of the camera plus the gimbal . The gimbal works very well , I have no nervousness in the recording.

Phantom Chi, you are welcome. Monte55 has some great ideas for you there.

I appreciate the responses IflyinWY, Ur always active on here an have given me most of my advice/guidance(kudos to Dragonash as well). Im actually using the (stiff black) dampers from the CNC gimbal which i thought would correct the jello. Im gunna try a few different combos (2 stiff, 2 soft)like that link suggests, if not, ill probably stick with the CNC for now and get the metal Walkera down the line.

Phantom Chi, if Dragonash says this and I say do that, you should probably do this. ;)

Here's the post translated:
This weekend , use the gimbal G -2D plastic in my FC40 , after waiting for power to be shared with the gimbal , after some tests detect that this will be removed and can only be used with the F2 cable to the gimbal leaves the port , this feeds and not have to take the direct power of the battery. In both cases , the flight time is reduced 5-4 minutes , I have placed in bed 4H Silver gimbal . The only problem besides the battery is peeling tends to lean forward , I think this worries me is the weight of the camera plus the gimbal . The gimbal works very well , I have no nervousness in the recording.

Phantom Chi, you are welcome. Monte55 has some great ideas for you there.
i myself use the G-2D plastic gimbal with hero4on my fc40 with the originel battery from dji and get 9.30 minints of fly time

hi guys I have the walkera G2D plastic gimbal and gopro hero 4 I was only giving my bird six
minutes flight with the 2200mah but marti your getting nine minute flights? I bought seven
of those bull Florian cheap batteries 2200mah but I been panicing for some time about flying
over flight times that I wasent sure of due to extra weight :S

hi guys I have the walkera G2D plastic gimbal and gopro hero 4 I was only giving my bird six
minutes flight with the 2200mah but marti your getting nine minute flights? I bought seven
of those bull Florian cheap batteries 2200mah but I been panicing for some time about flying

1200 grams is what DJI calls max weight. If you can get a bigger battery and stay below that, you should get some good flight time.

Reactions: toorboy

Are you using 8 or 9 inch props? I can get more flight time than that at 2000 meters. Where I live it's high plains and mountains. So, with a 200 gram gimbal, a GoPro, and a Multistar 4000 battery I will fly longer than you near sea level. Not much more time, mind you, but more.

Besides the battery, this is the major contributor, DJI (not knock-offs) P2, Thrust Boosted, 9450 props. They are freaking awesome. ;)

Prop guards could be your best friend, but they cost you flight time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic