Walkera G- 2d gimbal sort'a works OK.

Reaction score
Hi all new to this forum ' and gimbals ' anyhow I have an odd problem' I have fitted the walkera G-2d gimbal plus the FC40 camera'... it balances no problem in both tilt and roll' when not powered up... have fitted a pitch tilt knob to Tx and done a cal... plus set limits' no problems'... I used one signal wire from naza F2 signal pin to walkera pitch tilt signal pin... plus spare power wire grey/ red from phantom for power'... once switched on the camera looks ahead or down and anywhere in between depending on the position of the tilt knob'... BUT its only OK on the work bench... if I lift it and tilt the model the camera rolls to the looking down position ???.... the funny thing is if I disconnect the pitch tilt plug from the gimbal control box it works fine'...
If I trim the camera angle using the V2 trim pot... However much I move the model around it holds that angle!!... It's as if the tilt motor does not have the power to hold the weight at an angle of say 30/ 45 degs or so when it's connected to the naza m.. any ideas regards glo.

Welcome to the party gloworm. :)

I've seen folks add weight to the FC40 camera so it will operate properly with your gimbal. I think it's designed for the Hero and similar weight cameras. Plug your gimbal and bird in the link I've included. FYI: The P1 is basically the same bird, so you can do much of what is done there. The control frequencies are different, the P1 uses 2.4, the FC40 uses 5.8.

Here's something for you, it's an easy way to find things here.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

IflyinWY ' thanks for the welcome' and advice 'will give it a look see' and see what gives
Regards glo.

Reactions: IflyinWY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20