Waiver/Airspace confirmation

Reaction score
I saw a video of a property in my neighborhood that I suspected was done in violation of FAA requirements since I live in Class B airspace.

In an effort to find out if the pilot had a waiver/airspace authorization i went to the FAA site that lists the waivers granted (Part 107 Waivers Granted) and did not see the name of the firm listed.

I figured that while I was on the site, I would check that my waiver was listed. To my surprise it wasn't. It's been a few weeks since i received it, and others were listed with a later date.

It burns me that a video may have been taken commercially right in my back yard by a rouge pilot, but I can't really confirm it because they may also have authorization that is just not listed yet. I seriously doubt it, but can't reliably confirm. Any ideas?

If you wanna drop a dime, you can send the video link to FAA along with your concerns...

Hypothetically, you could share the link and then have someone on this forum alert the FAA. Thinking that all of us who went through the 107 test and are doing things legally might benefit if everyone is brought in line. :)

Reactions: Roadking
In an effort to find out if the pilot had a waiver/airspace authorization i went to the FAA site that lists the waivers granted (Part 107 Waivers Granted) and did not see the name of the firm listed.

It may have been just an airspace Authorizations. Notice that the FAA site mentioned shows mostly (99%) 107.29 Waivers. None of the Authorizations I've received show up there either nor would I expect them to. Remember, a Waiver is a bit different than an Authorization.

Of course you could just call up the company and ask :)

Of course you could just call up the company and ask :)
Haha. True. Guess what the answer would be. "Of course we had authorization":p

There should be somewhere on the FAA site to also see authorizations since the approval document is titled "CERTIFICATE OF WAIVER OR AUTHORIZATION"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj