VR Box 2.0 review

Reaction score
Well... I finally gave it a shot and I have to say it was a bitter sweet experience. First up I loaded litchi and then clicked the goggles icon. No problems there. Taking off was great fun. However landing was tricky due to where I was so I took the goggles off. As I was flying the picture quality looked on the litchi app looks like it was coming in at 360p resolution. I can't say if that's actually true but that's how it looked. Now I know this is actually down to app which is understandable as it has to split the screen in two while giving out a live video feed. I did play back some VR Videos from YouTube and the footage was a lot better. So its down to litchi to try and give out better VR video feed. The goggles them self was a little uncomfy as it pressed on the nose. The lens were great but I didn't get the 3D effect. However the YouTube videos do give me the 3D effect so I know its down to the litchi app and not the actual goggles. The goggles themselfs don't have any adjustments for the strap, instead its a stretchy material but for me I would like an option to tighten it a little bit more. The remote that came with it doesn't work. However the headset did have a great thing going for it... It makes one hell of a great sunshade. Problem with litchi is that I can't seem to tell how strong my video signal feed is. Maybe its on there as there are two arrows. One pointing up and one pointing down and the numbers keep changing up and down. Maybe that's the video signal? But however I will keep trying these goggles just for the fact that it makes a great sunshade. Now... I could take the lens out and then use litchi in normal mode. This will give me more to see on the screen like the map, video feed strength, etc... But I won't. I will hold back as I'm sure litchi will keep improving their video quality on the goggles option. But for £6 its money well spent. Would like the remote to work but I will just swap it with the company. So for me... Goggles get 7/10.

Good points
*makes a great sunshade
*sleek design
*can move eye lenses around
*Very affordable
*doesn't look cheap
*doesn't feel cheap

Bad points
*headset can ache your nose
*can't adjust straps
1498046458893.jpg
1498046464960.jpg