• No - but I am careful not to bring it down too fast or too straight

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • No - and I just bring'er straight down 100% down stick

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Yes - I have experienced VRS with the P3

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
wondering if anyone has experienced VRS with the Phantom 3. The reason I am asking is because of another thread where many people have been talking about using 100% throttle down to bring down their P3 quickly and not ONE person mentioned VRS in that thread.

I know that DJI has taken to programming the down throttle in such a way as to make VRS less likely... However, there were times on my P2 when I was not particularly careful - that I hit some VRS conditions.

I have been especially careful with my P3 and am always moving in one direction or the other while descending - but wonder if anyone has experienced VRS on the P3?

I tried the throttle all the way to the bottom yesterday and the descent was about as stated 10 FPS, however, I did notice a bit of wobble as it descended, so I backed off about 3mm-- just off the bottom the wobble stopped and the descent was about the same. I am going to work with it some more, just to get some confidence-- the wind speed assuredly has adverse affects if the descent is too fast.

Reactions: Buckaye
I tried the throttle all the way to the bottom yesterday and the descent was about as stated 10 FPS, however, I did notice a bit of wobble as it descended, so I backed off about 3mm-- just off the bottom the wobble stopped and the descent was about the same. I am going to work with it some more, just to get some confidence-- the wind speed assuredly has adverse affects if the descent is too fast.

Yeah those wobbles will tighten your sphincter up.... that's what I was wondering....

The wobbles are the early onset of VRS. You can hear it too. The P2 is much more vulnerable to VRS than the P3 is but I don't think the P3 is bulletproof. You can descend fast as long as you add a similar amount of elevator or aileron.

I've descended 100% on numerous occasions and had no issues with VRS. I could get a slight wobble but that's it. I don't recommend it but figured I should test the limits.

Ugh....I have a 350QX3 that used to see-saw downwards from VRS at almost any height. Glad that thing is up for sale.

Haven't had one single issue other than the "loss of signal" occasionally on my P3P.

Not going to happen as easy on a p3 for a few more reasons then just the decent speed being kind of lowered. Tho Its still almost 2 times as fast as the lowered decent speed in the p2s But the p3 also uses props that are very much like the new thust boosted props for the p2s which also helps cut down on VRS quite a lot. But the other factor is the off set motor angles on the p3 also not only helps cut down on it. It also makes it much more stable over all as it puts some side ways pull on the arms.

I'm not even to sure if I could even get my p3 to go in to VRS even if i were to try.

I beg to differ check this out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phantom 3 Pro I've brought down fast without any vortex issues, has has a really stable descent.

There have been very few if any reports of vrs in phantoms in maybe a year since dji introduced descent speed limits not to say it's not still theoretically possible if there is zero wind blowing or other mitigating factors but it's quite improbable.

Reactions: Fplvert
I beg to differ check this out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sorry to see that:( -- obviously a flight control failure-- I don't believe it had anything to do with VRS, since it doesnt look like you were trying to descend at maximum vertical descent input on the sticks. Looks like a warranty case fore sure.

Prevailing winds are always an important factor. Keep some clean air under the bird. Coming straight down with no wind is not a smart move for any quadcopter (unless you know how, and have room to recover). Full up only exasperates the problem. This is also known as sinking under power. Lateral movement is the key to get free of the vortex.

My P2V + comes down at 5M per second and has gotten into and out of VRS, but the P3 is limited to 3M per second. I've never seen (or heard) any VRS with full down on my P3.

I still keep in mind VRS is possible with any helicopter when coming down.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31