Vision + Utility Pro Not......

justin00 said:
using 1.0.54 (the new one with RTH heigh etc etc)
Why would the app have any effect on the camera/RE/utility pro app ?

As I said aswell, I tested using the utility app (and verified with iwconfig) it worked, as well as typing it in manually as I showed in my message above.
Those commands I used are exactly the commands the utility pro app uses (swiped the cmds from there source code :) )

If some others would post and confirm they have v3.0.8 and v1.0.54 installed with no issues I might be tempted to updated everything.

OCATCR is the one that said that combo is not working together. Of coarse since I haven't updated I would have to take his word for it. But then again he has been acting a little odd over the past 6 weeks. During the 1st part of October he had mention his group landed some work at electronics fair at that time. Since then things have been like pulling teeth. Btw, he had also mentioned they had been putting a lot of time into the iso version of this app and not getting anywhere.

This app could be so much further along then what it is. **** it! :roll:

Wierd... on day updates came out, in there thread they posted app has not been affected....

Personally I still don't get how DJI app has any relevance to this app...

Spunds like lotsa of people basing "its not working" on having diff results than before. Fair enough...but be good to verify with iwconfig...

justin00 said:
Wierd... on day updates came out, in there thread they posted app has not been affected....

Spunds like lotsa of people basing "its not working" on having diff results than before. Fair enough...but be good to verify with iwconfig...

Hi, sorry about all the confusion. Our app should be compatible with the new 1.0.54 and 3.08 firmware.

Even it is raining today, we helped our local customers to install new 3.08 firmware and 1.0.54 android app. Using our app to set the camera AP boost to 15dbm, we still get several ~1.5km test flight with smooth video.

Thank you for the prompt reply:

I received the above in my email shortly after sending mine! Bravo ;)

______________________________________________________________________________________

I love flying Long Distances! 1.68km is me best low altitude distance from my back door. Without the Vision+ Utility Pro app I would consider my drone extremely limited. I need distance and altitude to get the type of shots I want.

I am using the firmware update 3.06 and ensure I do not connect to the internet when doing calibrations. I even have all the original DJI software from the site when I purchased my Unit.

Its not so much the booster apps I feel is the issue but more the restrictions being implemented with each new DJI update that is brought out. The more they sell that more issues they are having. Seems to be all over the internet with people hating on others and even in here, I have had others come in and pick on my long distance videos. I have a weather balloon on order - OH NO!!!! pffft.

My utility pro version is 3.18 ... you'll all be hearing from me if my distance has been significantly reduced.

I did on awesome thread on how to squeeze every bit of signal out from the drone to controller, (without buying extras other than the booster app in this thread!) but then you get those self employed yuppies that squeal about breaking the law and assume everything about your flight run. It's that mentality that brings out more restrictions with every update. With the amount of current limitations slowly being implemented - It's very quickly becoming the toy, that most onlookers think it is.

Barracks loudly for China to land on the moon - HOOAH! :p

When the conditions next emulate those of my records for both distance and altitude I will test for myself. I'll be selling mine the moment it can't fly long distances.

lol ya sounds like there has been some miscommunication.
in summary... it should be all good :)

ocatcr said:
justin00 said:

Hi, sorry about all the confusion. Our app should be compatible with the new 1.0.54 and 3.08 firmware.

Even it is raining today, we helped our local customers to install new 3.08 firmware and 1.0.54 android app. Using our app to set the camera AP boost to 15dbm, we still get several ~1.5km test flight with smooth video.

I seen 2 different apps that claim to do the same thing, does anyone know if this one is better then the other? Also is this working on the new updates? I know I see someone with an issue, but is it him or are there others that its working on

ocatcr said:
justin00 said:

Is that the only setting you tested, or the only setting you were able to pull results from? Was that PVFlyers quad you were testing with? Also your customers asked for help and mentioned you were not returning their email, I confirmed it as you didn't respond to mine either. Thought is was possible you and PVFlyer were working on some new trick mods.

edstumph said:
I seen 2 different apps that claim to do the same thing, does anyone know if this one is better then the other? Also is this working on the new updates? I know I see someone with an issue, but is it him or are there others that its working on

The other app is a one setting boost app, and nothing more. This app has multiple boost settings plus numerous other features which include a flight data logger and more.

justin00 said:
lol ya sounds like there has been some miscommunication.
in summary... it should be all good :)

ocatcr said:
justin00 said:

Hey Justin00,.....it should be.

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
justin00 said:

Is that the only setting you tested, or the only setting you were able to pull results from? Was that PVFlyers quad you were testing with? Also your customers asked for help and mentioned you were not returning their email, I confirmed it as you didn't respond to mine either. Thought is was possible you and PVFlyer were working on some new trick mods.

your statement is interesting. we never have this legend in our customer list. As you know, this legend made a great contribution to PV community. See what dci said: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13496&start=2230#p247263

ALL IS GOOD - (thus far)

DJI MC firmware 3.06! with latest updated Booster app = 1.6KM

Altitude 800M!!!!!!

Hi

I only need an app to boost the range (I don't need the logging information). I have installed the free version of this app. Does it boost the range as well as the pro version?

Also what numbers should I use. The default is: Repeater: 15 Camera: 5. Are these the best?

Thanks

Steve

I use 17dbm for both camera and RE.
If you read the info in the play store they suggest doing 15-17dbm for optimal results..apparantly from the devs testing 20dbm (the max) can give not so perfect/smooth results.

Justin00, I'm curious how you came to using that number combo? Is it because it just works for you, or were you able to gather test data from a device related to it?

When using 15dbm & 17dbm, and then when I have a signal loss it always comes from the wifi and never the remote controller.

srchadwi said:
Hi

I only need an app to boost the range (I don't need the logging information). I have installed the free version of this app. Does it boost the range as well as the pro version?

Also what numbers should I use. The default is: Repeater: 15 Camera: 5. Are these the best?

Thanks

Steve

The common setting is 15dbm Range Extender, 17dbm Camera.

Did some testing using analyzer software (very very expensive) we have at work and both seem to give a consistent signal at 17dbm... Camera was also steady at 18dbm however RE wasn't...
figure'd I'll just keep them both at the same.

If the device (it is an actual device with its own built in screen) still has my results saved I will export them and upload for you to see. Its kinda interesting.. pretty graphs and numbers.

How did you come up with 15 & 17 ?
Try up your RE to 17 and see if it makes any diff ?? If the Camera can Transmit to RE, but RE can't transmit back.. that will disconnect the session.

justin00 said:
Did some testing using analyzer software (very very expensive) we have at work and both seem to give a consistent signal at 17dbm... Camera was also steady at 18dbm however RE wasn't...
figure'd I'll just keep them both at the same.

If the device (it is an actual device with its own built in screen) still has my results saved I will export them and upload for you to see. Its kinda interesting.. pretty graphs and numbers.

How did you come up with 15 & 17 ?
Try up your RE to 17 and see if it makes any diff ?? If the Camera can Transmit to RE, but RE can't transmit back.. that will disconnect the session.

My settings were not based on any use of equipment. I went with the developers suggestions. At the time it was what the majority was using as well. But I pretty much knew most all of it was based on hearsay, for the most part.

I had remembered you had used something to help you which is why I asked about your process. Back around that time I was considering on going to where local fliers go to see if any of them had equipment to read outputs. I knew those kind of devices cost a lot which limits why someone own that kind of equipment. I live only 5 miles from a major college that actually has a UAV type coarse they teach students everything in that field. At some point I would like to hook up with them and see what they have going on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik