Vision tablet

Flyboy said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how are you guys using tablets with the Phantom 2 Vision Transmitter? I need two hands to fly my Phantom.

This is my third hand

Attachments

• P2V-stand-2.jpg
    P2V-stand-2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 495
AnselA said:
Flyboy said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how are you guys using tablets with the Phantom 2 Vision Transmitter? I need two hands to fly my Phantom.

This is my third hand

So that is connected to the Transmitter? Can I see a picture of the whole thing?

Thanks

Rick

Flyboy said:
AnselA said:
Flyboy said:

This is my third hand

So that is connected to the Transmitter? Can I see a picture of the whole thing?

The tablet is on top of a tripod (scroll the image). WiFi Extender is on transmitter.

Flyboy said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how are you guys using tablets with the Phantom 2 Vision Transmitter? I need two hands to fly my Phantom. Is there some type of way to hook the tablet to the Transmitter like the phone holder? I guess I am missing something.

Thanks

Heres how I did it, bought the ARKON Tripod mount (it has a ball socket same size as the tx smartphone clamp.)
Also...most of my flying is lateral not vertical control..pictures do take a little hands off time. I also intend to get the 7th channel pitch control lever for the back of the transmitter.

Tripod or Monopod Mount for Apple iPad Mini, Amazon Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, Other 7-8" Tablets
by MFX2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9A ... _refresh_C

Well I have my tablet setup and working. Now my problem is the distance in the App is way off. It's a 1000' off. When I used my iPhone it was right on. This is the android app. The tablet does have a gps on. I even loaded a google map in it also. It showed the correct location and the phantom. Any ideas ?

Mori55 said:
Well I have my tablet setup and working. Now my problem is the distance in the App is way off. It's a 1000' off. When I used my iPhone it was right on. This is the android app. The tablet does have a gps on. I even loaded a google map in it also. It showed the correct location and the phantom. Any ideas ?

If you are talking about distance on the "google maps" location of your Vision.. if tablet is not subscribed to a phone service, ie: (wifi only), try caching the map data in the google maps program by typing, "Okay Maps", Without quotes, while you are connected to the internet. That will store the map data you have selected in your screen...I typically do a few miles in either direction....Zoom in after you are back OFFLINE. And the zoom goes all the way in. Indicating successful caching.

The tablet has a gps in it. It's wifi only. In the app when your the distance on screen is off. By a thousand feet.
I even tried loading google map when I hooked up to the internet.
Made no difference.

Can u us tell what mount your using? That's perfect for my Asus HD memo 7.Got mine at bestbuy 138.00

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4