Vision tablet

Reaction score
Instead of a iPad mini, what's a cheaper tablet I can use ? Just want something cheaper, I already have a full size one.
My iPhone 5 is a little small

Mori55 said:
Instead of a iPad mini, what's a cheaper tablet I can use ? Just want something cheaper, I already have a full size one.
My iPhone 5 is a little small

Some others and myself have had a lot of luck with the older Google Nexus 7" tablet...

-slinger

I bought the Nexus 7 (2013) specifically for the Vision, got my Vision yesterday. It works fine so far....which, is ah, not very far at all. EDIT$219.00 at Walmart if you are in the US,

RCRookie said:
I bought the Nexus 7 (2013) specifically for the Vision, got my Vision yesterday. It works fine so far....which, is ah, not very far at all. EDIT$219.00 at Walmart if you are in the US,

And you can still pick up the previous model for $160 or so online... This model has been extensively tested by a number of people... I see no reason why the 2013 model would be any different. That's a nice little tablet for the money...

-slinger

I bought the 2013 Nexus7 the 32gb which is awesome compared to using my 4.7 inch smartphone. I bought the 32gb because my plans are to also add pic's and video and a ton of android app's. The 2013 Nexus7 version is basically double every thing of the 2012 version.

However, I'm with gunslinger. If you are only wanting the visual aspect then you can not go wrong with the 2012 version. When you compare this will all other options whether it be tablets, goggles, ect, the Nexus7 2012 version is the best money spent.

AnselA said:
Mori55 said:
I guess another problem is these cheaper tablets don't have gps ?

You don't need GPS in tablet, to use it as Phantom FPV. Phantom has the GPS it needs. WiFi is needed. GSM is not.

I thought you needed GPS in the phone/tablet for the Find My Phantom feature of the app ... am I mistaken?

GneeChee said:
AnselA said:
Mori55 said:

You don't need GPS in tablet, to use it as Phantom FPV. Phantom has the GPS it needs. WiFi is needed. GSM is not.

I thought you needed GPS in the phone/tablet for the Find My Phantom feature of the app ... am I mistaken?

Well that's not actually a FPV-function? But you are right.

GneeChee said:
AnselA said:
Mori55 said:

WiFi in the tablet is all you need for Find My Phantom feature. Also the feature works based on the last time the P2V sends it's gps signal. This means the battery can be dead and you'll it's location from it's last transmission.

And again, I learned something new ... thanks guys :)

Excuse my ignorance, but how are you guys using tablets with the Phantom 2 Vision Transmitter? I need two hands to fly my Phantom. Is there some type of way to hook the tablet to the Transmittor like the phone holder? I guess I am missing something.

Thanks

Flyboy said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how are you guys using tablets with the Phantom 2 Vision Transmitter? I need two hands to fly my Phantom. Is there some type of way to hook the tablet to the Transmittor like the phone holder? I guess I am missing something.

Thanks

Well, I'm still using my smartphone, but am looking into upgrading to a 7" tablet.

As for mounting the tablet on the transmitter, I think that some people are using something like this - http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...62&sr=1-1&keywords=amazonbasics+tablet+holder

If I read elsewhere correctly, the ball socket on this mount fits the smartphone mount on your P2V transmitter. But I've not personally tried it - yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20