Vision App loses Camera Vision after taking RAW Photos!!

Same thing is happening to me except non of my files are corrupt. Tonight was the first time I changed the camera from JPG to RAW. When I take a photo in RAW as soon as I can see the screen again on my iPhone the Phantom decides to start recording video. I let it record for 45 seconds one time and the video was not corrupt.

The question is why does it start recording video after taking a RAW photo?

Sounds like a SW bug to me.

nickso said:
Same thing is happening to me except non of my files are corrupt. Tonight was the first time I changed the camera from JPG to RAW. When I take a photo in RAW as soon as I can see the screen again on my iPhone the Phantom decides to start recording video. I let it record for 45 seconds one time and the video was not corrupt.

In the app, under settings, you need to change When connection breaks. Set to Idle instead of Start Recording. I just noticed the other day, mine does this when shooting in Raw. Not sure if this is due to the new firmware or upgraded app.

Larry L said:
nickso said:

In the app, under settings, you need to change When connection breaks. Set to Idle instead of Start Recording. I just noticed the other day, mine does this when shooting in Raw. Not sure if this is due to the new firmware or upgraded app.
Your suggestion could be a bandaid, but I want to record video if my connection breaks. This can aid in finding a downed craft.

I sent a trouble ticket to DJI, it might help if others on this thread were to do the same.

nickso said:
Your suggestion could be a bandaid, but I want to record video if my connection breaks. This can aid in finding a downed craft.

Not seeing how recording video to the SD card on the bird can help you find the bird which is lost with said video Onboard. Please explain.

BlackTracer said:
nickso said:

Not seeing how recording video to the SD card on the bird can help you find the bird which is lost with said video Onboard. Please explain.

was wondering the same thing.

Mine does that too, and has been doing since I started flying (3 weeks ago).

I also want to keep it recording incase it flies away, the video would probably help if you want to RMA the phantom..got a cheap GPS tracker on it so its trackable.
But annoying as hell that I get like 50 small videos I need to delete because it started recording after RAW photo, and JPEG sucks horseballs.

so it seems it's losing connection after capturing raw images, and then re-establishes the connection shortly thereafter, since if you shut off the 'record on disconnect' feature it no longer records video? interesting. have you tried an FPV Booster app to see if it can maintain the connection?

The FPV Booster app has helped reduce the "lag time" of the RAW file writing, at least for me it has. However, it is not a complete solution to this issue. It will help, but, I still occasionally lose function of the video/camera icons requiring me to back out of the camera setting to the main menu of the Vision app and restart. To date, I have not lost vision completely since installing the FPV Booster app. As for the recording of the video when you lose WiFi connection, its a setting within the Vision app that you "check" to enable. It simply proves that the writing of the RAW file takes too much resources for the camera to write the 25mb RAW file and maintain a WiFi connection to your Smartphone in some instances. Thats why it crashes the Vision app, but, you always are recording once you reset it and get video/camera functionality back.

Just happened to me today, too. DJI Vision App on BT-200s (Android). FPV feed went permanently black after taking a RAW photo. Restarting the Vision App didn't fix it. Had to land and power cycle. Very annoying.

I had erased some files from the SD card just before the flight, anecdotally that might have caused it. Will reformat instead from now on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20