Vision 2 + WiFi Video Range

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I after some help. I have recently made the antenna mods which seem to be the going thing for most Visions 2 + WiFi units. I have added the 2 connectors to the Range extender, and also attached the external connectors for WiFi antenna on the Vision. I have been using 6dbi antenna on the range extender and 2 dbi antenna on the vision. All Dipole at this stage. I have also upgraded the 5.8Ghz side to a flat panel antenna. My first flight was great and I managed 4,200 feet distance at 350 feet until I lost video. I had to trigger return to home to regain the unit, and never regained the video link on the return leg which was unusual. Since that flight I have lost video range and barely make 500 feet distance. The video feed goes flickery as soon as I fire up the motors on the vision, and the video feed is choppy when I have it. More than half the time when I lose video during flight I don't regain it, however sometimes I do receive telemetry. I did also have my first crash a few days before completing these mods and the camera did take a knock, but everything there appears to be fine as it moves and records perfectly. I ran a signal test as per the images below and it appears the signal from the vision keeps dropping out. To me thats not normal, but I have nothing to compare it to. The range extender appears to be fine. This was done with 2dbi antenna on all units. Anyone got any thoughts? I have also noticed the WiFi sender in the vision is very hot, but I'm guessing that is also normal to some degree. Your thoughts please.

Attachments

• 2015-04-20 01.22.57.png
    2015-04-20 01.22.57.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 450
  • 2015-04-20 01.02.16.png
    2015-04-20 01.02.16.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 433
You said crash. This means the 4 pin clip in cable is damaged. Check all three from the image below but pay more attention to the 4 pin clip in cable with the blue/white arrow.

how%20to%20connect%20camera%20to%20dji%20phantom%202%20vision%20plus%20without%20dji%20gimbal2.jpg

Hi Mako97. Thanks for your reply. I had the camera off on the weekend and had a look at these and there was no damage that I could see.

Ok Folks. I've removed the camera again and confirmed there is definitely no visible damage the any of these plugs or sockets. All appear to be good. Any suggestions on the next step? I'm guessing the WiFi sender. Can anyone compare my WiFi signal pattern to a working unit and advise if they are different in consistance. I'm guessing the drone shouldn't drop out as it appears in my pic. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Well Guys, it appears Mako79 was correct (not that anyone doubts that I'm sure). after removing the camera again, checking all cables, finding nothing and putting it all back together, it now works. My guess is the indicated 4 pin plug may have come loose. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Mako79
Well Guys, it appears Mako79 was correct (not that anyone doubts that I'm sure). after removing the camera again, checking all cables, finding nothing and putting it all back together, it now works. My guess is the indicated 4 pin plug may have come loose. Thanks for your help.

Np.
Just pay it fwd. Helps others here :)

Reactions: Blue Douglas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers