Vision 2+ Temperature

In my case, my overheating concern is due to the fact that I sometimes use a wifi boost option on the apps I use. But in general, I think the more airflow through that shell the better. Honestly, I think the entire top half should have been manufactured as a plastic mesh with the electronics treated with a spray sealant of some sort.

The more we push em the more mods we have to do. But under normal operation the design as is would do. But we. Tend to turn into jet jockies and want to go farther, faster and higher. The more we want them to do the more whe have to do to them. Kind of like race car owners. More in more out. They have limits and so do we. Suppose to be line of sight but we fly out farther and so of us even fly autonomous. 18,000 plus feet out and back. Thank goodness for GPS and home positions.

Unfortunately, there were many P2V+ owners early on who flew "as is" without pushing the limits and still wound up with burned out wifi units due to piss-poor DJI heat-sinking, few satellites due to inadequate GPS shielding, fried ESC boards because DJI installed improper ones, gimbal separation, etc. The guys who do the repairs in this forum have had an endless stream of them. Frankly, I have tinkered with my bird and made various mods just so I can fly with some confidence that it will operate the way it should while flying rather conservatively. I occasionally use the wifi booster option because I've lost wifi and FPV while out 800 ft line of sight over salt water -- and that's just not fun.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there were many P2V+ owners early on who flew "as is" without pushing the limits and still wound up with burned out wifi units due to piss-poor DJI heat-sinking, few satellites due to inadequate GPS shielding, fried ESC boards because DJI installed improper ones, gimbal separation, etc. The guys who do the repairs in this forum have had an endless stream of them. Frankly, I have tinkered with my bird and made various mods just so I can fly with some confidence that it will operate the way it should while flying rather conservatively. I occasionally use the wifi booster option because I've lost wifi and FPV while out 800 ft line of sight over salt water -- and that's just not fun.

Yep, no pushing here, was just trying to obtain advertised range and abilities. Your V3 birds had incorporated many of the mods done here, but as DJI does they brought you V3ers more exciting issues like failing ESC. And again was mod'd by forum members to another resolve...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan