Video transfer

Reaction score
Phantom 4 pro plus...

I’m sure some of you pro’s have been asked this loads of times, BUT
please can someone please tell me the best way to download videos and play them on my iPad.....
Ok if that’s not possible, if I buy a Microsoft laptop will it be easier or even possible.....

I have a USB to lightning connector so photos no problem and the video will download but not play, I’m sure you used to be able to send them to iMovies and edit them on that, but have apple stopped you doing that does anybody know ?
Only just got my pro 4 so still a learning, I have had a P3 advanced before and did every thing on my iPad mini, thought I’d try the built in screen for convenience and easier to see in bright sunlight, hope I’m right...

Any help would be great...

Cheers

I have a USB to lightning connector so photos no problem and the video will download but not play,
Guessing what the issue might be ....
You can output your video files as either .mov or .mp4 files.
It may be that the default video player on your iPad will only play .mov and you are creating videos as .mp4 flies?
If so there are two solutions.
1. Change your settings to save videos as .mov files .. or ..
2. Get a different video playback app that accepts more file types
VLC media player plays just about everything.

Which iPad? Are the videos HEVC? The iPad pros will do 4K, perhaps a few other models. A lot will only for 1080. You need iOS 11 or later also.

iPad Air MD786X 32Gb.... nah not the pro, really think I have to upgrade to a laptop but still not sure which one, as the monitor on the P4 pro plus is android, should I go for Microsoft ?

And I will try moving the settings ( if I can)

Thanks for advise guys....

Although we have an iPad mini 2 for travel use purposes, we always use a laptop for transferring drone video files. There’s a port for a SD card reader and USB ports for backing data up on portable hard drives. Call me old fashioned, but the lack of these ports on an iPad is a negative.

That’s still my problem.... will the pro plus being android load better on to a Microsoft laptop or apple or does it matter as long as it has loads of memory

Great stuff ... thanks for that.... I did mean storage..it’s MY memory I need.....

One additional consideration - a massive one - is the specifications needed in a laptop so as to be able to edit in 4K. You’ll need something like a gaming model with a high spec graphics card etc. Transferring the video files is the first step, pre-editing.

Ok thanks for that.... but I’ve took the plunge now and ordered a HP Pavillion 15- cc076 sa 8gb - 256 gb with NVIDIA GeForce 940mx graphics card and 15.6 screen....

Now if that don’t do the trick, I’m changing my hobby....

I’ve also been told that Adobe Premier Pro is good for editing, so might give that a whirl when the laptop comes....

What d’ya reckon. ?

DaVinci Resolve astonishingly offer a free version of this industry-standard software. The word “superb” is a starting point. It’s very similar to the Studio version and more than good enough for an enthusiast or certain professional editing.

Sadly, we had to stop using it because of a rare combination glitch between our top-spec Dell laptop and a Windows 10 update. The BlackMagicDesign tech guys are top notch and tried to help us for ages - all for no cost.

I’ve been a big fan of Adobe software, but not this because of high costs each and every month. Look online and you’ll see that an increasing number of professional editors have changed to DaVinci Resolve - not just for their famed colour correction but as a full editing package.

There are several tutorial series on YouTube to get you going.

Thanks again, eerrr African ?? Don’t sound right calling you that.... yea someone told me about the DaVinci resolve, so I’ll be looking at that...

No doubt I’ll be here again, when my new laptop comes, asking more questions.... but if you don’t ask !!.....

Cheers...

Good. If the free version cost 200-300 dollars or pounds, it would still be my first choice. You’ll be astonished how good it is - and for free. The top people at BlackMagic Design have always been intent on bringing excellence and innovation to the professional editing industry - and lesser mortals hugely benefit.

Usually, most people’s recommendations are based on personal experience heavily influenced by what they’ve used. An old example used to be the rock classic “Freebird”; you preferred the “live” or studio version based simply on what you first heard and got used to. Any professional will sing the praises of DaVinci Resolve.

Great stuff thanks for the insight..... Now I can’t wait to get started..

I agree with you about the iPads. Unfortunately the only way I know of to move files back and forth between the iPad and another device is through iTunes.

Bud

Although we have an iPad mini 2 for travel use purposes, we always use a laptop for transferring drone video files. There’s a port for a SD card reader and USB ports for backing data up on portable hard drives. Call me old fashioned, but the lack of these ports on an iPad is a negative.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl