Video Quality

Reaction score
I have a question for the group. I was watching this video and I was wondering if someone could tell me why this video at the start is pixelated it clears up once he gets to the ship. Far being it from me to question another drone pilots art. I just see this as something to look out for in the future.

Last edited:
Sorry I tried adding a link I didn't think it would leave the actual video on here. After I posted it I remembered that we are not allowed to post videos. I was going to delete the post but I couldn't find a way to delete it.
FYI that posting a link is exactly the correct way to add a video. It does not post the actual video file to the forum, it simply adds a clickable thumbnail to make it easy for us to view the video file which is actually stored elsewhere such as on YouTube or Vimeo. You had already deleted whatever it was you posted before I saw your thread, but it sounds like you were fine all along.

Reactions: Guitarman
FYI that posting a link is exactly the correct way to add a video. It does not post the actual video file to the forum, it simply adds a clickable thumbnail to make it easy for us to view the video file which is actually stored elsewhere such as on YouTube or Vimeo. You had already deleted whatever it was you posted before I saw your thread, but it sounds like you were fine all along.

Thanks Oso if I would have given it a second thought I would realized about a file size instead of a link. I used to run a motorcycle forum and adding a video file made it impossible for some riders to open and viruses, so I recommended link only.
I'll pop that link back in thx again.

Reactions: Oso
Thanks Oso if I would have given it a second thought I would realized about a file size instead of a link. I used to run a motorcycle forum and adding a video file made it impossible for some riders to open and viruses, so I recommended link only.
I'll pop that link back in thx again.
The link worked no problem. Now that I see the video, I agree with @microlinux. It's just the low resolution downlinked video seen via a screen recorder. The guy who made the video actually said near the start that he used "AZ Screen Recorder." I'm sure that the actual full res video on that guy's SD card looks as good as it could considering the poor lighting conditions.

Safe flying sir. Cheers!

The link worked no problem. Now that I see the video, I agree with @microlinux. It's just the low resolution downlinked video seen via a screen recorder. The guy who made the video actually said near the start that he used "AZ Screen Recorder." I'm sure that the actual full res video on that guy's SD card looks as good as it could considering the poor lighting conditions.

Safe flying sir. Cheers!

Between this forum and YouTube, I can't believe how much I've learned about the Phantom 3 and aerial photography. I don't even have the drone yet. I am hoping UPS stops tomorrow.
I salute you @Oso and can't wait to post my 1st video.

Safe flying sir. Cheers!

Safe flying sir. Cheers!

@Oso I finally found the SD card video. Definitely a big difference.

@Oso I finally found the SD card video. Definitely a big difference.

Looks like a great place for that guy to fly. He for sure needs to smooth out the jerky movements. I was getting a little bit dizzy!

Has UPS been by yet today with your P3? If it's like me, when a package is out for delivery I wait all day and then it arrives around 6pm. But if I go out for 5 minutes at any time in the day, UPS will rush to my door, leave a note, and then quickly vanish out of site before I see them on the road. ;)

Looks like a great place for that guy to fly. He for sure needs to smooth out the jerky movements. I was getting a little bit dizzy!

Has UPS been by yet today with your P3? If it's like me, when a package is out for delivery I wait all day and then it arrives around 6pm. But if I go out for 5 minutes at any time in the day, UPS will rush to my door, leave a note, and then quickly vanish out of site before I see them on the road. ;)

Funny you should say that, I was out yesterday and came home to a FedEx sticker on the door, missed delivery. Some one over 21 has to sign for it. Only thing I can figure out is to keep little Johnny from using their parents credit card hahahahaha.

So here I set staring out the window, like a child waiting for Santa Claus lol.

@Oso I agree with the speed he flew. I've watched so many Phantom videos on litchi. One of the first thing I want to do is slow the yaw and the gimble speed, slower just looks more professional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing