Video playback issues (PC)

Reaction score
I've got an issue that I hope someone can help with (I don't know much about system requirements/file types):

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and shoot in 4K. When I try to watch the videos on my PC (Lenovo Thinkpad, 8 GB RAM, I5 core processor) I'm running into issues. The video plays fine using Windows Media player. The quality seems nearly flawless, however, as soon as I rotate my drone for 360 video, the video seems distorted, like it can't keep up with the rotation.

I tried playing video on QuickTime and VLC, but they were actually worse, the videos lagged terribly. I'm recording the videos in MP4 format. I've watched the videos on a Sony Vaio and Macbook pro, recently, and they are flawless.

Does anyone have any insight as to why my video playback on my PC is having this issue?

Thanks!

Can you elaborate about as many of these as you can:
-processor model number(I have an i7-4770K)
-GPU model
-how old is the laptop
-drive type (HDD/SSD)

All of these could be possible issues with your computer's specs.

I've got an issue that I hope someone can help with (I don't know much about system requirements/file types):

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and shoot in 4K. When I try to watch the videos on my PC (Lenovo Thinkpad, 8 GB RAM, I5 core processor) I'm running into issues. The video plays fine using Windows Media player. The quality seems nearly flawless, however, as soon as I rotate my drone for 360 video, the video seems distorted, like it can't keep up with the rotation.

I tried playing video on QuickTime and VLC, but they were actually worse, the videos lagged terribly. I'm recording the videos in MP4 format. I've watched the videos on a Sony Vaio and Macbook pro, recently, and they are flawless.

Does anyone have any insight as to why my video playback on my PC is having this issue?

Thanks!

best and simple answer is to view the files on a better desktop,
most likely the video in the notebook is not able to handle faster refresh needed.
4 K needs a good video gpu as well as your i5 cpu.

Can you elaborate about as many of these as you can:
-processor model number(I have an i7-4770K)
-GPU model
-how old is the laptop
-drive type (HDD/SSD)

All of these could be possible issues with your computer's specs.

-Intel Core i5-4200M
-Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600
-1.696 GB total memory
-Laptop is a year old
- Not sure if its HDD or SSD

The really confusing part is my co-worker has the exact same laptop and I've played the video files on his without this issue occurring.

Last edited:
Hmmm, strange.. specs seem fine, and this "my co-worker has the exact same laptop and I've played the video files on his without this issue occurring" is VERY strange. There may be a problem with your OS (possibly a virus). I remember an old laptop of mine clocked 50% higher speeds after a rebuild because of malware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20