Video on Facebook

Reaction score
I posted a video from my p4p to you tube and then to Facebook. The picture quality is not very good. Is there a way I can make it clearer? When I watch it on my desktop it's great! Does it loose that much quality by uploading it?

You tube converts it to 1080p

YouTube doesn't really 'convert it to 1080p'. If the quality of the video you're uploading is 1080p, then YouTube will show it as 1080p.

YouTube will then scale down the resolution to show at resolutions below the native resolution for slower Internet connections, etc.

OP, there's a way on Facebook to upload in HD. When uploading the video, there's an option for 'HD', make sure you check that box. I think, though, Facebook downscales to 720p and I think that's the max resolution. The max framerate is 30fps, also and finally, the audio has a sample rate of 44,100hz otherwise your audio might not sync correctly although I'm sure that's not much of an issue with drone footage.

YouTube doesn't really 'convert it to 1080p'. If the quality of the video you're uploading is 1080p, then YouTube will show it as 1080p.

YouTube will then scale down the resolution to show at resolutions below the native resolution for slower Internet connections, etc.

OP, there's a way on Facebook to upload in HD. When uploading the video, there's an option for 'HD', make sure you check that box. I think, though, Facebook downscales to 720p and I think that's the max resolution. The max framerate is 30fps, also and finally, the audio has a sample rate of 44,100hz otherwise your audio might not sync correctly although I'm sure that's not much of an issue with drone footage.

What I meant to say is You Tube will scale it down.
It won't show it in 4k

What I meant to say is You Tube will scale it down.
It won't show it in 4k

YouTube supports videos up to 8k resolution, that's a resolution of 7680 × 4320, much higher than the Phantoms.

YouTube can handle 4k just fine, and, 8k.

YouTube supports videos up to 8k resolution, that's a resolution of 7680 × 4320, much higher than the Phantoms.

YouTube can handle 4k just fine, and, 8k.
Then why is my video so poor when I put it on there

Try typing 4k into you tube help
Seems it converts to 1440

I've uploaded in true 4k before, and 2k. I believe 1440p is UHD.

Here's a video on YouTube that supports 8k resolution:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West