Video light bridge unit

Reaction score
I HAD a fully functioning p3p. 147 total miles flown on it so far with no issues .Today I fired it up and no video feed( all other items still work flies fine ,transmits data ,camera tilts, takes video and photos to SD card just can’t see on screen) Have done no updates or made any changes. Tried checking all cables, rebinding bird, different tablet nothing. Thinking the video feed unit burned up.I want to verify if I just order a new camera unit with gimbal ,is the sending (Lightbridge) in the camera gimbal housing or is it in the bird and camera replacement won’t do anything.

I HAD a fully functioning p3p. 147 total miles flown on it so far with no issues .Today I fired it up and no video feed( all other items still work flies fine ,transmits data ,camera tilts, takes video and photos to SD card just can’t see on screen) Have done no updates or made any changes. Tried checking all cables, rebinding bird, different tablet nothing. Thinking the video feed unit burned up.I want to verify if I just order a new camera unit with gimbal ,is the sending (Lightbridge) in the camera gimbal housing or is it in the bird and camera replacement won’t do anything.
It sounds like the very common and often discussed No Image Transmission issue due to problems with the gimbal top (main) board.

Check out the links in this recent post. You may be able to fix it yourself if you are handy that way.

4k camera

Reactions: skyhighdiver
So From what you know the transmission unit is in the gimble correct ?
Lightbridge transmission control is via the OFDM module located under the VPS.
FPV feed (no image transmission) issues have almost always been due to a problem with the gimbal top (main) board.

Is that what you are asking?

FPV feed (no image transmission) issues have almost always been due to a problem with the gimbal top (main) board.

Thank you so much I guess its new camera and gimbal for me

Yes thank you very much .Followed your amazing flow chart. Found the Dreaded 8 and 15 device not detected. Was hoping it would be the OFDM Board. I’ve seen a video on this and can get part, thought I could do myself. The Gimbal top board is a different issue. First don’t know if I can even get the part and replacing the board there may be beyond my comfort zone. May have to just cough up for a new camera and gimbal.;(

Thank you so much I guess its new camera and gimbal for me

Yes thank you very much .Followed your amazing flow chart. Found the Dreaded 8 and 15 device not detected. Was hoping it would be the OFDM Board. I’ve seen a video on this and can get part, thought I could do myself. The Gimbal top board is a different issue. First don’t know if I can even get the part and replacing the board there may be beyond my comfort zone. May have to just cough up for a new camera and gimbal.;(
Glad it helped. The flowchart is thanks to the hard work of @quaddamage

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj