Video - First flights over England, Scotland, Wales

Reaction score
Here are some clips from my first experimental flights around the UK with my Phantom 2 (non vision) quadcopter and Go Pro Hero 4 black. I'm still learning how to fly the thing and of course England, Scotland and Wales have either bad weather or wind every single day, so overall, I think I came away with some acceptable results for a first set of flights. I managed to total the thing on my last few days but admittedly I'm hooked now. This is fun. I can see a Phantom 3 in my near future, and more aerial expeditions.

The final steam train shot was pure luck. Got off at the last moment and no monitoring. I think Harry Potter was helping me with that bit of magic....

The biggest problem is jello in some shots. No matter what I do, I still get it in wind over 10 mph. Very frustrating. Even so shooting 60p and working with some stabilization settings in FCP X did help.

Let me know your thoughts!

Stunning :)
Might I suggest however, that you edit out a couple of shots with you flying over the villages, as this is a breach of CAA rules - Flying over a congested area.

Keep up the good work though!

Reactions: rickray
Thank you for sharing that my wife and I loved it, she is a Brit and has seen many of the locations in her younger days.
Trying to get out with her in October. She goes twice a year.......

Great video footage. You did a beautiful job editing it as well.

AWESOME ! Nice flying and post work.

Wow!, i love it [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7].
Great job and fantastic footage. I will be soon in scotland and i hope to find places like you have showed us...

Thanks from south of spain man.

Tidy. Lots of coincidence with your video, I used to live close to Tintern Abby in the Wye valley that is at the beginning of your clip and lots of the later clips are from Caithness and Orkney. I live close to the Duncansby Sea stacks and we are the caretakers of Keiss Castle. Great video, thanks for sharing.

Nice work my man;) it's nice to see mountains & uneven landscape.
Where I fly (down south) it's sooooooooo flat...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20